Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There is a similar thread on GlockTalk. Thought it would be fun over here.

Here's my first entry: Spyderco Balance. Tiny knife that, when opened and grasped, functions like a larger knife.

Finger Gesture Thumb Nail Eyewear

Reactions: Caleb

·
Registered
15,625 Posts
I have a Lapp knife I got when working with the Norwegian military. Never touched a stone and sharp as a scalpel

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
Well, they are sort of knives, but they are rare.

Top: FN-49 (Venezuelan) bayonet. 8012 made.

Middle: M-47 Madsen Bayonet. < 5000 made

Bottom: SVT-40 Bayonet. Rare in the west, very few made it out of the USSR/Russia.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, they are sort of knives, but they are rare.

Top: FN-49 (Venezuelan) bayonet. 8012 made.

Middle: M-47 Madsen Bayonet. < 5000 made

Bottom: SVT-40 Bayonet. Rare in the west, very few made it out of the USSR/Russia.
Very cool! Of course, the Venezuelan bayonet is the most interesting to me, since I grew up there.

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
Very cool! Of course, the Venezuelan bayonet is the most interesting to me, since I grew up there.
The full package. 7x57 mauser. #4093/8012 made.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Of course, most of mine are Spyderos. Two of these are from their "Ethnic Series." Can we still say "ethnic?!??" 😜

Top to bottom: Zulu (ethnic), Perrin PPT, Chokwe (ethnic).
Tool Font Auto part Pattern Metal

When it comes to Spydercos, these vary from the traditional Spyderco leaf-shaped blade.
Bone Font Blade Auto part Knife

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
Great thread. Here is one I received for Christmas from a fellow FCC’er.

It’s a Higo no Kami 10 pocket knife from Japan. Has a brass handle and it’s super sharp like a pocket ninja sword!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

It’s a Higo no Kami 10 pocket knife from Japan. Has a brass handle and it’s super sharp like a pocket ninja sword!

Looks like a flipper. Is it a flipper?

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
Kind of but not how you would imagine it to be. The blade is held in the handle by friction and you use the “flipper” to open it (slow and smooth, not flipping out). Also, it does not have any detent so it does not lock when blade is deployed.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Kind of but not how you would imagine it to be. The blade is held in the handle by friction and you use the “flipper” to open it (slow and smooth, not flipping out). Also, it does not have any detent so it does not lock when blade is deployed.

Yeah.... I can see there's no lock. The "flipper" tab is in a different location. But, I could see that it was designed to facilitate opening the blade. Neat knife!

·
Super Moderator
30,988 Posts

Got one of those last year after Edgehill posted about his. Cool blade and wicked sharp!

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
Yeah.... I can see there's no lock. The "flipper" tab is in a different location. But, I could see that it was designed to facilitate opening the blade. Neat knife!
Yep, I have seen lately the flipper tab on modern knives at the top as well as the top front (called front flippers) (thumb flippers).

Reactions: racer88

·
Registered
56,085 Posts
Gesture Tool Wood Knife Kitchen utensil

From the top:
Bagwell, 3rd knife he ever made
Bagwell Angel hair damascus Hells Belle
Bagwell Bell
Bagwell hunter
1930's Montana mountain man bowie, from a model A leaf spring
Forget who made the ramboille sheep horn handled bowie
Brown Bowie D2

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Some cool historical stuff in this thread! I don't have ANYthing of that nature. But, it's fun to see here!

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
OK... My next candidate: Spyderco Bifold. It's a fairly rare and unusual "concept" automatic knife. Pull the "trigger" and it opens like a spring-loaded book!

Hand Finger Gesture Thumb Wrist

It was supposedly never really in "production." But, they made some and sold some. I don't know how many, but they stopped making them in short order.

Reactions: Rick McC.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts