Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Get this one wrong and you may find yourself in a heap of trouble.

If you have a Florida License to Carry a Concealed Weapon or Firearm, take a moment to take it out. Study it for a second. That laminated card lets you carry a concealed handgun, but it is not a license to use it. It doesn't even give you any tips on what it means to "use" a gun. So what does it mean to use a gun?

http://blogs.naplesnews.com/florida-law/2010/10/you-carry-a-gun-but-when-can-you-use-it.html

·
Registered
2,690 Posts

If you have a Florida License to Carry a Concealed Weapon or Firearm, take a moment to take it out. Study it for a second. That laminated card lets you carry a concealed handgun, but it is not a license to use it. It doesn't even give you any tips on what it means to "use" a gun. So what does it mean to use a gun?

http://blogs.naplesnews.com/florida-law/2010/10/you-carry-a-gun-but-when-can-you-use-it.html

In fact, just pulling a gun and aiming it at someone is always considered non-lethal force
Patrick,
My understanding is that this is not always the case, but is for the finder of fact to determine.

·
Registered
20,414 Posts
another good read patrick...that damned little laminated card is showing up more and more...

what if.......?

·
Registered
451 Posts

Thanks, Mr. Buckley, for the advice in this thread and discussions of legal topics from you and other long-term members of the FCC forum.

Taking the experts advice, earlier today I purchased Firearms Law, Use, and Ownership, 6th Edition by Jon H. Gutmacher, Esq. There were so many subtle points about legal rights of owning and using weapons just skimming that book, that it makes a person realize how little some of us know. I now see why so many recommend his book and why others carry that and FL Statutes 790 in their vehicles.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Great article Mr. Buckley. :thumsup

Mods, I'm wondering if we could make this a sticky? Would it be possible to put the article in this thread, with Mr. Buckley's permission since he is the author?

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Great article, Patrick.

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
Patrick, you Sir are a st st st st stud. AJ Decked came over and we handed out 1,500 of his magazines with one of your great articles. I am waiting for my NRA Basic Pistol Certificate to arrive and will start teaching folks interested in obtaining their cwl. Jax Tactical has 500 of these magazines and I am going to use your article, pointing out who wrote it, how to contact you and the importance of a gun attorney.
Thank you so much for giving back and seeding in.
You Sir are a patriot. Maybe State Senator? I'd work toward that. We need good men sacrificing for our country.
Franklin

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
A wise man once said, "In a crisis situation you will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training."

Aint that the truth!!!

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Reply to Straight Shooter

I feel Mr. Buckley is wise to utilize existing forums to get his message out.

I believe he is able to minimize his time doing the administrative chores that would go along with having his own forum; and use his time, instead, getting the word out to a more wide-spread audience by utilizing multiple already existing forums.

I'm just glad he is a member of this forum and sharing his considerable knowledge, experience, and writing ability to help us improve our knowledge base.

Bob

:usa :wave

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Good read Sir! Thank you.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Patrick,
As always +1:thumsup

Thank you

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Good read.

But in my opinion its always better to be vigilant than to do nothing at all. As in the case of a raping or arson, I wouldn not just stand from a distance and do nothing if I can prevent the crime. Sure there are a lot of 'what if's but if the life of an innocent person is at stake, I would not hesistate to used deadly force to help. Of course, calling 911 first is always a good step.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts