Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings group,

With Xmas shopping almost at it's peak (black Friday is offical start), and with the amount of crime we have been having lately I feel that its more and more important to carry now when I go shopping with the Family. Or while we are out and about.

I went to Walmart this past Saturday, and OMG was it freaking packed with people. I said to myself "This place is just asking for someone to get robbed or worse". Sure they have one rent-a-cop tooling around in a beatup pick up truck but the parking lot is so big, that it is very unlikely this security guard will be effective.

People are getting in arguments about parking spaces, cussing at each other and threatining violence, waiting long times in lines to get that last gift on their shopping list, standing in lines to get one of the the only 100 new toys shipped out, like a Wii, or PS3 at that store. Only to have it stolen the minute they get to the car by some thug who wants the game more than you do. Or getting pissed off that sale item is no longer in stock or on sale.

SO with that said, I want to remind everyone that this is the time we need to be ultra-aware of our surroundings, and stay in Mode Yellow. I pray that each and every member here has a safe and happy holiday.

Sheepdog out!

·
Registered
62 Posts
agreed! i hate shopping as it is (typical male??), but the holidays is even worse than normal! I am going to try to do as much shopping as possible online this year as an attempt to avoid some madness. Let's see how this works out...:)

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
The irony is that I park farthest away from the front of the stores to avoid all the crazyness. But this puts me in robbery territory where they are less people around to deter the BG's. It would however be a mistake to think I'm a sheep. I keep my head on a swivel and everyone is a threat until proven otherwise.

·
Registered
563 Posts
"People are getting in arguments about parking spaces, cussing at each other and threatining violence...."

My wife is a store manager for Michaels Arts & Crafts. In the past two weeks she's been cussed and called all sorts of rude names every day she's there. What's wrong with people? The stuff sold in her store isn't even vital--it's hobby and crafts.

I went to Wal-Mart today to pick up a box of target ammo. Fortunately, they had that but the sales dude mentioned that if I wanted the 'personal defense' stuff I'd have to be there when the truck was unloaded. He said people were buying up everything.

It's gonna be a long winter, I'm afraid.

·
653 Posts
"People are getting in arguments about parking spaces, cussing at each other and threatining violence...."

My wife is a store manager for Michaels Arts & Crafts. In the past two weeks she's been cussed and called all sorts of rude names every day she's there. What's wrong with people? The stuff sold in her store isn't even vital--it's hobby and crafts.
That is the Holiday Spirit showing thru. "Merry Xmas to all and to all F--- OFF!"

That is why I hate Xmas, Bah, humbug!:ak

Doggy Present.jpg

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I won't go so far as to say I hate Christmas. I remember too many good times with my family for that. I just do most of my shopping between July and October. The rest gets done online.
The tree, the wonderful smells from my grandmother's kitchen, and especially the family members I don't get to see much still make Christmas special for me.
Too bad others have forgotten what makes the Holidays truly special.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Parking lots

In my left front (weak side) pocket I carry a tactical flashlight on one ring of my keychain. When approached by anyone with unknown intentions, that light is in my hand and shining in the other's eyes while I firmly ask "May I help you?" It does three things, reinforces that I'm not a sheep, allows me a better view to see if they are armed, and takes away their night vision giving me an edge.

- Str8Shooter

·
653 Posts
I remember wonderful times at xmas also. That's when Xmas was about good will, the birth of Jesus and the coming together of families to give thanks to God for the greatest gift of love mankind has received. That Xmas doesn't exist anymore. I don't know what to call this time of year now but it has nothing to do with what I experienced then.

I remember going out into the streets and seeing happy, content, friendly faces. Everyone was happy during Xmas. People went out of their way to say Merry Xmas. Folks were so helpfull during this time and pleasant. Actually people were much more pleasant every where you went in those days and all year round. Xmas decorations and the entire Xmas experience spoke of good will, love, Jesus, God and peace. Now its all about making money for the stores and getting expensive presents for every one else.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Can we bring back *that* Christmas?

+1 on that Henryher. I wish we could bring back that kind of Christmas.

A few years ago I could never have conceived of store employees being trampled to death by mobs of shoppers at 5 AM. Now, I don't like to go shopping after dark.

I remember Christmas carolling, on foot, by candlelight, even in bad neighborhoods. Now, I wonder which doors we should knock on and which we should pass by.

I remember my favorite gifts being hand-made or inexpensive but having deep personal significance. Now, it seems like everyone wants a Wii or iPhone and is willing to trample someone to death to get it.

- Str8Shooter

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sheepdog27:

I went to Walmart this past Saturday, and OMG was it freaking packed with people. I said to myself "This place is just asking for someone to get robbed or worse". Sure they have one rent-a-cop tooling around in a beatup pick up truck but the parking lot is so big, that it is very unlikely this security guard will be effective.

OLDSMAR, FL -- The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office is searching for a man they say held up an Oldsmar Wal-Mart.

Deputies say the man robbed two employees at the store on Tampa Road Wednesday night.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=59090f39-94be-46db-ae43-4c61a514d3a7

This Walmart is no more than 2 minutes from my job so needless to say I have been there plenty of times. I no longer ask myself why I carry locked and loaded everywhere I go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts