Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here I will display my firearms and update my locker as I purchase more in the future. Also, I will post upgrades to said firearms as I go. Thanks for looking!

Ruger 10 22 Sporter (stock)

Installed a Kidd extended bolt release handle w/spring, extended (paddle style) mag release, Nylon bolt buffer, and modified the bolt lock for auto bolt release.

I have recently baught a Center Point 3x9x32 scope, but have not mounted it yet.

RUGER SR9c (ccw)

That's it for now, I'm new to the firearms owning world. But, I have a huge "Must have wish list" going.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Looks great, XK Commander! You can't go wrong with either one of those guns. Both of them are very dependable and well worth their price tags. "XK". Jaguar fan by any chance?

Beers y'all,
klen

·
Registered
6,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks great, XK Commander! You can't go wrong with either one of those guns. Both of them are very dependable and well worth their price tags. "XK". Jaguar fan by any chance?

Beers y'all,
klen
I love them both! The 10 22 is so much fun and cheap to shoot and so freakin' accurate out of the box! I plan on making it a "match" rifle were I would like to get in so fun matches in the future. The SR9c is only 3-4 weeks old and have fired 100 rounds through it with no faults. This pistol fits perfectly in my hand and is so comfortable. Very fun to shoot, can't wait to hit the range again.

"XK" -----> Jeep not Jag.

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
I love them both! The 10 22 is so much fun and cheap to shoot and so freakin' accurate out of the box! I plan on making it a "match" rifle were I would like to get in so fun matches in the future. The SR9c is only 3-4 weeks old and have fired 100 rounds through it with no faults. This pistol fits perfectly in my hand and is so comfortable. Very fun to shoot, can't wait to hit the range again.

"XK" -----> Jeep not Jag.
Nice selection, still been wanting to get a nice 10/22 myself.

Oh and sorry about the whole XK "Jeep" thing. :grin

·
Registered
6,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice selection, still been wanting to get a nice 10/22 myself.

Oh and sorry about the whole XK "Jeep" thing.
LOL, nothing to be sorry about, bro.

10 22s are cheap and Awesome, deffinately get one you will not regret it.

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
LOL, nothing to be sorry about, bro.

10 22s are cheap and Awesome, deffinately get one you will not regret it.
LOL. I agree on the 10/22, but I guess you haven't heard of the Suzuki/Jeep banter. just throwing a light hearted jab.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
LOL. I agree on the 10/22, but I guess you haven't heard of the Suzuki/Jeep banter. just throwing a light hearted jab.
We need some more pix of that monster 'Zuki, zuki!!!

Beers Hoss,
Ken

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
We need some more pix of that monster 'Zuki, zuki!!!

Beers Hoss,
Ken
I've been practicing too much to get it off the jack stands. Although my next race is in October :2thumsup. Got to get to it :grin

·
Registered
6,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have tough skin bro, jab away. But, my Jeep is not on jack stands, just saying. =P

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
PM'd you about the race. My last time out I slung a rear driveshaft, twisted the tcase bucket, bent the tcase frame mounts, twisted the tcase linkage, and busted a front end. But then again when you pop the clutch at 7000 rpm's with locked front and rear axles somethings bound to break in the mud hole. :grin

·
Registered
6,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Replied.

·
Registered
6,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
New Toy!!

This bad boy arrived yesterday and today I got the chance to break it down and clean all the cosmolene off of it and oil it up. It's a 1934 Russian Mosin Nagant 91/30. I figured I would pick it up before the price went up (which it did), it's a fun rifle to shoot and have (cool history). Anywho, here are a couple of pics.

During the strip down and clean up....

After the reassembly and ready to rock.....

I used the SR9c as a size comparison for the pics.

:dancingbanana

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
Size matters!:rofl Let me know if you want to obtain some real nice Mausers, etc. Know a guy in Orange Park that deals in very clean surplus rifles. Almost threw down some cash on a very nice Swedish Mauser Sat. but I have a bad habit of talking myself out of impulse buying.

·
Registered
6,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Size matters!:rofl Let me know if you want to obtain some real nice Mausers, etc. Know a guy in Orange Park that deals in very clean surplus rifles. Almost threw down some cash on a very nice Swedish Mauser Sat. but I have a bad habit of talking myself out of impulse buying.
Sounds good bro........Does he have a web page of the stuff he sells?

·
Registered
484 Posts
XK thanks for sharing. I love my 10/22. May I suggest a yellow jacket neo preme bolt buffer. Takes the clunk out of firing.

Two good milsurp dealers up there are Allens Armory and Empire Arms. Both are reliable and honest. I just p[icked up an Obie Mauser (1900). If you are impulse buying try one of these. Bought on impluse, of course.

·
Registered
6,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^^^^^Awesome, do you mind me askng what the going price is on that bad boy?

I made my own buffer out of a 1/4 x 3" nylon bolt. Just cut it to size and done, works great (and its only $0.30). I love my 10/22, but hate the scope I got for it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts