Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I'm thinking of buying a XD .40 subcompact with the 3 inch barrel and was wondering if any of you might want to put your two cents worth in on my choice of carry gun? And if you have one of these or have shot one please let me know what your thoughts are. Thanks in advance for the info.

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Here is a good video of it for reference. It kind of got crazy in the end. And don't get that clip he has attached to the slide.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

·
653 Posts
Here is a good video of it for reference. It kind of got crazy in the end. And don't get that clip he has attached to the slide.
That has got to be the stupidest way to carry a gun I have seen. Ok, second stupidest, loose inside sweatpants Buress style is stupider. Nice looking gun but that clip ruined the whole gun in my opinion. The word lame comes to mind. Maybe the guy that designed it only owns a pocket knife. That flashlight is neat if you are using it around the house at night.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I carry

the XD 40 sub daily.

Nice choice of firearm IMO. I have about 400 rounds through mine. Never an FTF with numerous brands of ammo. Shoots a nice group at 25' and 50'. Nice trigger reset with manageable recoil. Pretty easy to conceal with the shorter magazine. I use a Don Hume PCCH IWB. Conceals with only a t-shirt and shorts just behind the hip. I like the grip safety system and the XD package can't be beat (case, 2 mags and mag holders, gun lock, etc).

·
Registered
22 Posts
I agree, a very nice pistol. Well Manufactured. I just did not like the grip safety or the trigger pull. I went with the Taurus Millenium Pro PT145. 11 shots of .45 caliber in a subcompact package. I also have the 24/7 Pro Compact 9mm. I was concerned about Taurus at first after hearing all the horror stories, but I have to tell you I have not had any problems with either and having a SA/DA trigger makes a huge difference. The pull up is a little long but once you get used to it , it is smooth as butter. Also has a manual thumb safety. My $.02 have a looksie at the PT145 and hold one for yourself.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Did he put a loaded magazine in the gun and start pointing it at the camera especially when he was showing the cocked indicator? I kept waiting to see a flash and the video suddenly ending.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok well sounds like I have made a good choice, now the problem seems to be finding one. I guess the gun seems to be in demand lately. Thanks for the video's and feedback fellas.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
If you didn't get a magazine loader, find yourself an UPLULA. You'll be glad you did if you spend a lot of time at the range. These things really help out with loading ammo into the magazines quickly and easily.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have one and it is a great gun. It has been a reliable gun straight from the box 900 rounds through it and 0 malfunctions. Carry in a Uncle Mike IWB or in a XD Gear Paddle Holster.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've put about 800 rounds through mine; not a single problem. I love this gun. It's easily concealed using the 9rd mag. When weather permits wearing an extral layer (sweatshirt, light jacket or similiar) I have no problems tucking with the 12rd mag and I'm an average size guy. 5'10" @ 202lbs. Little to no print.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts