Florida Concealed Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the 227 as soon as they came out to replace a 1911 I coult not make run. After 100 rnds of flawless use, i still could not get past the girth of the p227 grips. I am looking for a new or lightly used p220 to trade for.

My p227 is the fullsize model with 2 ten rnd mags and the plastic case, etc.

If anyone is interested, please PM me.

Semper Fidelis
Matt Brennan
Lehigh Acres

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Was it just the grips or something more? There are some smoother grips out there. I have Hogues on my 239. You could also do the rubber sleeve deal. But if it's the 227 itself, then....

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
I have a SIG Sauer P220R Scorpion. I've been meaning to make a post about what to do with it. Meaning, it's simply too heavy for my style of carry. Right now it just sits around. It's only had 200 rounds through it (150 FMJ, 50 JHP).

I don't want a another SIG but I could see myself carrying a Gen4 G19 when I want something bigger than the G42. Obviously that's not what you have for trade but I'm thinking aloud. And, obviously, a straight-up 19 for 220 Scorpion would be a bit unequal... Like I said, thinking aloud.

I have the SIG P220R Scorpion
Panther OWB in Carbon Fiber
Spare Mag Holder
350 rounds of Winchester FMJ
~50 (maybe 100?) Speer Gold Dot 230gr +P

I was thinking that with the money I could sell it for I could probably get a Gen4 G19, night sights, CF Panther IWB and OWB, a mag holder or two, and some G17 mags. And I'd probably need some ammo since my G26 is hanging out in Georgia right now. I'm also open for straight-up trading for the stuff I mentioned.

So, I don't know if any of this is helpful or not but I figured I'd throw it out there.

EVERYONE ELSE: Please don't hijack the OP's thread. If you're interested start a new topic or PM/email/text/call me, please.

-on Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
Aker, that's it! Aker makes me the mag holder!
(I couldn't remember the name)

I also have the box and all paperwork.

-on Tapatalk

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The girth of the P227 grip is too large for my hands. Its shape is almost identical to a 226, but it is just a tad larger. My 227 came with the E2 grips. I looked at the new Hogues in G10, but decided I didn't want to spend $100 and take a chance it still wouldn't fit my hands.

·
Registered
55,261 Posts
The girth of the P227 grip is too large for my hands. Its shape is almost identical to a 226, but it is just a tad larger. My 227 came with the E2 grips. I looked at the new Hogues in G10, but decided I didn't want to spend $100 and take a chance it still wouldn't fit my hands.
My SASG2 227 has the "enhanced" grip as well. It's nearly identical to the 226 as you mentioned. I carried and shot the 226 quite well, but it took some getting used to [ the grip girth ] with my average sized paw. Once I had 20K through it in 6 months [ became one with the gun ], it felt like it was made for my hand and I never gave it's girth any thought afterward.

Mine's got the srt and thin trigger so the LOP is short enough to get the middle of the pad on the trigger finger on the trigger without problems. If yours doesn't have the thin srt trigger in it, that may be an avenue you might explore if you decide to keep it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My sold p227 had the thin trigger. It would pinch my dainty booger hook on the DA pull.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.