Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bad guy tries to rob (at gunpoint) two people sitting in a car. A struggle ensues, and the victim takes the bad guy's gun and shoots him with it (dead).

I find the headline rather curious. A "robbery gone wrong" is a phrase I've seen many times before and never understood. First, it implies that a robbery (a crime) can also go "right." Morally, that's self-contradictory.

However, if I was to imagine any way a robbery could "go right," it would be when the victims turn the table on the perpetrator as happened in this case.

Robbery gone wrong ends in shooting

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Sounds like a happy ending to me

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
The wrong part?
The robber was disarmed and then shot.

A robbery gone right, might be the most recent Dollar General altercation.

·
Registered
10,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The wrong part?
The robber was disarmed and then shot.

A robbery gone right, might be the most recent Dollar General altercation.
Huh? I'd say both went "right."

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
In libtard land it’s wrong for someone to defend themselves with violence against a violent criminal.

That poor criminal is only trying to make a living, and it’s simply unfair that his/her victims have more than them.

So in the libtard media’s mind it’s, “a robbery gone wrong.”

This makes no sense to rational thinking people, and why headlines like that make one take pause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
26,609 Posts
Of course, I agree with racer. The headline is curious at best and morally self contradictory. Such is the sad state of journalism these days! :thumbsdwn In my mind, a robbery gone bad is one where the robber succeeds in robbing his/her victim(s). A robbery gone right is a robbery thwarted and if it's an armed robbery, the armed robber gets shot for being a threat of grievous bodily harm or death to his or her victim(s). If they end up taking a dirt nap after getting shot, they chose to be a violent criminal and "live by the sword, did by the sword."

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
In the progressive view you should submit to any felony, rape, robbery ,car jacking, ect. In my view the perp catches a 45 caliber fast education.

·
Registered
16,483 Posts
I interpret it as similar to this point of view

View attachment 64477
That pic has been debunked many times.

On the topic this is how the liberals write things now because they are all too happy to report when a robbery ‘goes right’ and an innocent victim dies or gets shot.
Used to be ‘criminal shot while trying to commit a robbery’ but no more.
The news actually roots for the criminals and is upset when things go wrong for the poor poor bad guy

·
Registered
20,308 Posts
what a wonderful opportunity to argue pure semantics when one knows exactly what "gone bad" means...

imagine if someone were to throw in a misused reference to a clip...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts