Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
20,663 Posts
i would be one loud ass son of a ***** trying to draw them away while i call the police with every description i can provide...they come at me and it's game on...i am not going just stand idly by while a woman gets beaten by multiple assailants...

i will admit she was stupid to approach the vehicle while on the phone with police but she didnt deserve that...

·
Super Moderator
29,109 Posts
Don't know all the facts but if the woman that was attacked was my wife or sister on the ground being beaten and stomped like that and I saw it happening, I'd be in fear for her life and "popcorn concessions" wouldn't enter my mind. Something like what BB wrote in post #4 definitely would!

·
Registered
12,019 Posts
Ever known as the pedant, perhaps it shouldn't surprise anyone that I object to the term, "pulling" a lawfully-carried firearm in self-defense (or defense of other innocents).

To me.... "He pulled a gun" is descriptive of a CRIMINAL action.

It's akin to "he pulled a fast one."

A lawfully carried weapon used for lawful defense is "drawn."

He DREW his handgun in self-defense.

vs.

He PULLED a gun to rob the 7-11.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Do over...

Would you be justified in you stopped this beating by drawing your EDC?

Reactions: racer88

·
Registered
12,019 Posts
^^^ Ah! I feel better now! Thanks! LOL! ^^^

·
Registered
20,663 Posts
Ever known as the pedant, perhaps it shouldn't surprise anyone that I object to the term, "pulling" a lawfully-carried firearm in self-defense (or defense of other innocents).

To me.... "He pulled a gun" is descriptive of a CRIMINAL action.

It's akin to "he pulled a fast one."

A lawfully carried weapon used for lawful defense is "drawn."

He DREW his handgun in self-defense.

vs.

He PULLED a gun to rob the 7-11.
an exercise in semantics....

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
In this instance a baseball bat would probably be enough to change their mind about the beat down. But that could make things worse, I try to blend in and be invisable so even though it's painful staying out of it that is probably the best and smartest thing to do. Honestly I don't know if I would be able to do the smart thing.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I don't buy her story - she said she pulled down her window and calmly asked if they were really going to take " her " spot. BULL.... These days people are quick to open their big mouths and start confronting people. I observe it ALL the time. Im pretty sure she started mouthing off and triggered the others rage. You want to confront and mouth off to strangers, be prepared for negative consequences. There's a lot of anger out there. Hopefully she will think twice next time -
I doubt it !

In this particular scenario I would have grabbed my pepper spray, stepped back and watched ................... while making the call.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
The problem is this, (((NOT ALWAYS))) but ((IN SOME INSTANCES))
Man is smacking a woman around and you jump in to break them up, The Woman then joins the man she loves and attacks you,
Police arrive and you are in trouble along with them.
Advice is to just walk away and let them sort it out because it is probably not their first fistfight.
Ronnie
PS:
Different if it is a stranger molesting the woman for a robbery or something,
If you know so, then act while Police are on the way.

Reactions: Old Farmer

·
Registered
501 Posts
After moving to FL and tangling with lawyers, unless its my relative or a small child getting beat , I keep walking and call the police.
I already lost to much to those vermin...
Sorry, but it is what it is..

·
Super Moderator
29,109 Posts
True shark very true!
However, the only thing that looks good on a lawyer is my doberman...
Well maybe at least on the lawyers that fleeced you. ;)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts