Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20,355 Posts
i would be one loud ass son of a ***** trying to draw them away while i call the police with every description i can provide...they come at me and it's game on...i am not going just stand idly by while a woman gets beaten by multiple assailants...

i will admit she was stupid to approach the vehicle while on the phone with police but she didnt deserve that...

·
Super Moderator
27,174 Posts
Don't know all the facts but if the woman that was attacked was my wife or sister on the ground being beaten and stomped like that and I saw it happening, I'd be in fear for her life and "popcorn concessions" wouldn't enter my mind. Something like what BB wrote in post #4 definitely would!

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
Ever known as the pedant, perhaps it shouldn't surprise anyone that I object to the term, "pulling" a lawfully-carried firearm in self-defense (or defense of other innocents).

To me.... "He pulled a gun" is descriptive of a CRIMINAL action.

It's akin to "he pulled a fast one."

A lawfully carried weapon used for lawful defense is "drawn."

He DREW his handgun in self-defense.

vs.

He PULLED a gun to rob the 7-11.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Do over...

Would you be justified in you stopped this beating by drawing your EDC?

Reactions: racer88

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
^^^ Ah! I feel better now! Thanks! LOL! ^^^

·
Registered
20,355 Posts
Ever known as the pedant, perhaps it shouldn't surprise anyone that I object to the term, "pulling" a lawfully-carried firearm in self-defense (or defense of other innocents).

To me.... "He pulled a gun" is descriptive of a CRIMINAL action.

It's akin to "he pulled a fast one."

A lawfully carried weapon used for lawful defense is "drawn."

He DREW his handgun in self-defense.

vs.

He PULLED a gun to rob the 7-11.
an exercise in semantics....

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
In this instance a baseball bat would probably be enough to change their mind about the beat down. But that could make things worse, I try to blend in and be invisable so even though it's painful staying out of it that is probably the best and smartest thing to do. Honestly I don't know if I would be able to do the smart thing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts