Florida Concealed Carry banner

Words of wisdom on training today

4K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  BeerHunter 
#1 ·
#2 ·
:2thumsup Bob!

#3 ·
Very good little article Bob. Love the last part of paragraph two "Or, alternately, they’ve taken a class from some tactard trainer who developed his own doctrine in his mom’s basement, while waiting for his on-lines friends to join in on a Call of Duty game." :grin

The end of the article reminded me of something I heard up here in Jax. I know you are ticked at most of the NFL anymore but we have a youngster up here on the team named Josh Allen. He is a heckuva good defensive end. On a highlight show this season he deflected some praise thrown his way saying that was not for him to speak on. He had gotten that attitude from a teammate, Calais Campbell, who said never praise yourself, let others do that and everything will take care of itself. Stay humble. Young Josh does exactly that and never disparages someone else. Seems to be a fine young man. Oh, and he always stands for the national anthem.

#4 ·
good read...

#7 ·
Great post Bob COD PS4 champs will find things are differnet than running out of snacks or spilling their soda. $hit get's deep when someone who can shoot is trying to kill them, if they live to get replacement pants and underware maybe then they will get some training and range time.

#9 ·
The last paragraph really struck home for me. It doesn't matter how old you are, or what techniques you believe in; if you have to disparage others in order to make yourself feel better, then I have absolutely no interest in anything that you have to say.

(Which probably explains my feelings towards almost all politicians!)

#10 · (Edited)
Let me start by saying I am so far past the millenial stage, my children predate the millennials. That said, I’d rate the article as an “A” as a rant and as an “F” as a piece of persuasive literature. One can preach to the choir using the tone embodied in the OP’s cited work, but one will never persuade a non-believer using that tone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.