Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I know you cannot carry while in a bar or in the bar area of a restaruant, but what is the rule on carrying into a liquor/package/wine store. Generally there is no drinking on the premises. But, in some of these newer type stores, they offer wine tasting at various times of the day. Would you be considered to be breaking the law if you went into one of these places or would the same rule about being in a restaurant where alcohol is served be applicable?

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Very good question Red Dawg. I will also like to know the same thing. Seems to me that it should be ok but we will see.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
You'd be fine, unless they had a bar area that was devoted to serving alcohol. Here's the statute:

No license issued pursuant to this section shall authorize any person to carry a concealed weapon or firearm into...any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose;
Unless you're in a portion of a business primarily devoted to dispensing alcohol for consumption on the premises, you're fine.

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
I don't see any problem...they sell alcoholic beverages in convenience stores and supermarkets, and it's perfectly legal to carry in those places. A liquor store is just another store.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts