Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's the difference between the service grade (brown box) and the good ol' white box? I've always liked the WWB 95gr flat nose 380 ammo, but now that Walmart has shït the bed, I'm looking to other sources. I've found this service grade stuff all over, but not the white box.

Will service grade feed the same? Same exact dimensions? Same load/recoil? Mainly, same reliability? :dunno

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/winchester-service-grade-380-acp-auto-ammo-95-grain-full-metal-jacket-sg380w-p-109594.aspx

vs

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/winchester-usa-380-acp-auto-ammo-95-grain-fmj-q4206-p-1367.aspx

-on Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
26,364 Posts
Never tried it myself. :dunno :popcorn

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Honestly never tried it, only WWB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
WWB is intended to be "range" ammo (practice and plinking). The brown box has a little more "oomph". They should be pretty close to each other. Differences in feeding are pretty gun specific.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
380 military grade? ..........in who’s army? Not ours.............very interesting

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
From what I can tell, Walmart's declaration to end ammo sales was BS virtue-signaling. They're still selling it. Lots of it.

My local walmart's ammo cabinet is "chock-full" of ammo of all types.

A week ago:

·
Registered
9,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I guess I'll try some in the LCPs and see how it feeds! The gun does well with flat-nose ammo, so hopefully this will be the same. Thanks! :thumsup

-on Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
26,364 Posts
I believe that the service grade ammo will be a bit hotter than the WWB range ammo.
WWB is intended to be "range" ammo (practice and plinking). The brown box has a little more "oomph". They should be pretty close to each other. Differences in feeding are pretty gun specific.
Good to know. :thumsup

·
Super Moderator
26,364 Posts
From what I can tell, Walmart's declaration to end ammo sales was BS virtue-signaling. They're still selling it. Lots of it.

A week ago:

Wasn't their announcement that they were ceasing sales of "assault rifle ammo?" Either way, they're full of it!
:bsmeter

·
Registered
15,031 Posts
Nope. The jackwads stated that they would no longer stock it after existing imventory was sold. So much for integrity. But like not joining the NRA, most gun owners will kneel to them to save 50 cents. I haven't been back in their store since they announced this garbage

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
Nope. The jackwads stated that they would no longer stock it after existing imventory was sold. So much for integrity. But like not joining the NRA, most gun owners will kneel to them to save 50 cents. I haven't been back in their store since they announced this garbage
I went back to see (and I admit buying some).

My bet is that they will never "run out of inventory." They won't stop selling it. Ever. They're just pandering to the idiots who believe their virtue signaling and wouldn't even know where the sporting goods department is.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
What they need to do is do it like DICK'S did with the fully semi automatic Military Assault weapons of war they used to sell.
That is DESTROY IT ALL not just sell out.
Ronnie

·
Registered
5,063 Posts

A week ago:

The one I checked yesterday had all of the pistol ammo, as well as the .223 and 7.62x39 ammo marked on clearance.

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
Clearance??? Were the prices lower?
A little lower. Best deal I saw was 50 rounds of 44 Mag for $30.

Spoke with the department manager who said that he was told to put it on clearance yesterday morning. He speculated that the warehouse was emptying out.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
The bullet profile on the WWB and brown box look identical to me; I wouldn't be surprised if they're the exact same round.

·
Super Moderator
26,364 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts