Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My very first thread that I am personally starting, so I will try to earn a little credibility. See my introduction if you want the backstory to my rookie attempt at saving my father’s Winchester 67A. What a great time I had saving this beauty. I was sure for many years this thing was ready for the dump. Boy, am I glad it never got tossed. As bad as it was, and was treated, I don’t know why it survived. Before and after pics. It is a personal achievement for me that it looks as good as it does. If anyone has questions, or if I can offer any help, I will reply.

49F0484C-9664-4F54-9067-133033AC9D64.jpeg 4BC00A08-B6D1-40E2-9082-7DC11227D87A.jpeg 20E0E7EC-C57A-43E4-A16B-3D695FBBD5CE.jpeg 56160147-34D3-4D8B-BF5E-0CA3394144B7.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
29,712 Posts
Well done, CoachBudd1! She turned out very nice! (y) (y)

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
My very first thread that I am personally starting, so I will try to earn a little credibility. See my introduction if you want the backstory to my rookie attempt at saving my father’s Winchester 67A. What a great time I had saving this beauty. I was sure for many years this thing was ready for the dump. Boy, am I glad it never got tossed. As bad as it was, and was treated, I don’t know why it survived. Before and after pics. It is a personal achievement for me that it looks as good as it does. If anyone has questions, or if I can offer any help, I will reply.

View attachment 71125 View attachment 71126 View attachment 71127 View attachment 71128
Excellent job you have done ! Back some years after my Dad's passing , i did the same thing to his Stevens 20 gauge single shotgun . My Bro' , just before his passing gave it to me , to see If i could salvage it .

When i finished her up , i sent a pic' up to him . He said "This is not the same gun i sent you" . I had a smile from ear to ear & knew he was happy i fully restored it . That 'family gun' is going to our daughter and will inherit it . ;)

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Nice job!👍

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Excellent job you have done ! Back some years after my Dad's passing , i did the same thing to his Stevens 20 gauge single shotgun . My Bro' , just before his passing gave it to me , to see If i could salvage it .

When i finished her up , i sent a pic' up to him . He said "This is not the same gun i sent you" . I had a smile from ear to ear & knew he was happy i fully restored it . That 'family gun' is going to our daughter and will inherit it . ;)
Thank you L/G & Rick ! One of the things 'God' given , was my ability to do woodworking , has been my whole life . I have done many long guns / shottie also . A Cabinet maker before RVN , just out of high school apprenticing . I've stuck with it every since & love it (y)

·
Registered
7,058 Posts
That came out great, well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Thank you for your kind words. Especially the story above from 196THL.I.B.Gunner. I am learning this site and how to link. Here is my latest post on my Introduction.
CoachBudd1 introduction
You are quite welcome CoachBudd 1 .. If i have enough to qualify question , i will do so .. Glad to have you aboard and enjoy the ride ;) (y)

·
Premium Member
670 Posts

View attachment 71125 View attachment 71126 View attachment 71127 View attachment 71128
I forgot that your pic' of the Winchester 67A [ Great Job ] , brought back memories of an Eddystone rifle I had to take on . A real pitted outside barrel !

It actually looked like # 7 1/2 birdshot peppered the whole thing from the front site to the bolt action . I know exactly what you went through . Lotsa Labor (y)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks. It really was a ton of fun. A completely new experience for me. Now I find myself looking around for a long barreled single shot partner to share the good times with. I found a Remington 510 TARGETmaster for sale for $200. Just one problem... it is in good shape and doesn’t need work! I have never heard of the Eddystone. Any pics?

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Thanks. It really was a ton of fun. A completely new experience for me. Now I find myself looking around for a long barreled single shot partner to share the good times with. I found a Remington 510 TARGETmaster for sale for $200. Just one problem... it is in good shape and doesn’t need work! I have never heard of the Eddystone. Any pics?
No pic's , sorry a long time ago . They were made in PA . I should've taken pic's , but i had so many to update , I'd just run out of film [ lol '] oh yea , internet .

For more background just google in Eddystone rifles . It looked brand new when finished , and i also cut in finger grooves behind the trigger . The guy who bought it couldn't thank me enough . I should've kept that one also ! :unsure: P.S. - Sounds like a nice rifle you've found(y)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts