Florida Concealed Carry banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Rick, really nice......but, please don't bring it to class. I don't want to see it, hold it or shoot it.......My wife will not be happy if I get the itch to get another gun.
Aww; but it’ll still be “new” then...anyway the wait time to have one built was 3 1/2 months. That was the time from when this one was ordered and a deposit put down until it got here. That was better than expected, as they said 4-6 months from when it was kitted, and I think they called to verify everything to kit it about six weeks after she placed the order.

Tomorrow AM’ll be the first time I’ll get to shoot it.

Anyway; I’m glad y'all like it!

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
Make sure you wear clean underwear for the first date.

A WC 92 is on my “want” list. One day hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,603 Posts
7.62 Kollektor has a Wilson Beretta; and it’s a real shooter!
It’s actually a Beretta 92 I sent to them and had them do everything to. The WC92s have rails on them. Me no likey.

Saiid has everything!

HAD. I’ve sold several pistols this year just trying to stay afloat.
Didn’t make much sense having a bunch of them just sitting in the dark safe.
Sold them on the 1911Addicts site. Owned em for a few years or more and broke even or made a lil on each one.

·
Registered
8,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
It’s actually a Beretta 92 I sent to them and had them do everything to. The WC92s have rails on them. Me no likey.

HAD. I’ve sold several pistols this year just trying to stay afloat.
Didn’t make much sense having a bunch of them just sitting in the dark safe.
Sold them on the 1911Addicts site. Owned em for a few years or more and broke even or made a lil on each one.
Yeah; I can’t stand rails on a nice pistol either. On a poly-pistol; who cares...

·
Registered
16,603 Posts
I’m with ya, I have WC Centurian and the rails just complicate holster buying.
So you and others know there is a member named WAL on the Beretta forum who can and has rounded the rails off the frames and refinished them for members. Actually looks pretty damn good. He does a lot of work for them there.

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
I’m with ya, I have WC Centurian and the rails just complicate holster buying.
Ahem.......Staccato......just saying.

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
Yeah; I can’t stand rails on a nice pistol either. On a poly-pistol; who cares...
Poly-pistol rails matter!

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
Well, as a matter of what matters; they matter less than nothing to me. That said; there are other “matters” that matter a hell of a lot less than they do!
Such a Poet.

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Registered
8,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
I shot the X9 yesterday at IDPA practice, and today at the open range. I don't often shoot at the open range, and never on weekends. But it was rainy here today, and I needed to take them some large cardboard boxes that I’d been accumulating. They cut them up and make target backers out of the cardboard.

As it turned out, I was the only shooter on the 10 yard line, and I think there was only one other shooter, over on the 50 yard line.

Anyway, the pistol shot great, and is very accurate. The line was hot when I got there, so until I could put up a target; I was shooting wood chips and little pieces of clay pigeons on the berm. That pistol made it look easy; a couple of the ROs came over to watch. So, it’s definitely good to go in the carry rotation, and I have a good 200 rounds through it now.

I spent an hour at the bench this PM cleaning the X9 again and figuring out how to detail strip it. I knew that I needed to, as it was bone dry when I field stripped it the day I got it. I think that the W/C folks must use an aerosol gun scrubber type product to get them clean after the test firing is done.

The detail strip went fine, as it wasn’t too hard to figure out how the non-1911 parts worked and how they could be removed. The engineering and parts quality was impressive.

For non-1911 savvy folks; I wouldn’t recommend attempting to take a Wilson EDC X9 down beyond the field strip level. If you can’t detail strip a 1911; you definitely can’t detail strip one of them.

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
Awesome, glad the pistol ran great!

Reactions: Rick McC.
21 - 36 of 36 Posts