Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 35 year anniversary present finally came in; just a little over a month past the anniversary date.

We got,”the call” from Wilson last Tuesday, but then the second day air UPS shipping was messed up by the bad weather up north, so the pistol wasn’t delivered to my LGS until today.

I field stripped it and lubed everything up this PM, as it was bone dry inside, and am looking forward to shooting it at this weeks IDPA practice.

So, without further adieu:

A36E53B1-591E-47B7-8016-3DB247742F72.jpeg
03B8370E-5F2F-4A4A-B975-B557E7B4FB51.jpeg
E97DC6B2-D73A-4A61-A27B-4F32755EDED2.jpeg

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Rick, congratulations friend, that is beautiful. I’m very happy for you but sad for me because I’m starting to think now that the two 1911s I have may not be enough.

I’m starting to feel your pistol in my hand, I wonder what Sigmund Freud would say about that?

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
Wow, beautiful gun Rick. I’m sure you’ll get a lot of happiness with that one. Looking forward to your range report with it. Best of luck buddy. (y)

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks y’all, glad everyone likes it!

Roger: it actually isn’t a 1911, but it comes close. The differences that I noticed were external extractor (there are a couple of brands of 1911s that use an EE), no grip safety, and because of that, the sear spring only has two legs, the mainspring housing is of a different design, and of course, the thin grips that attach completely differently, due to the wide magwell/grip frame for the doublestack mags. The grips slide on from the back, and are held in place by the rear grip panel (the thing that looks,like a MSH),so there’re no grip screws.

As it sits it’s pretty much stock. I think the only mod Paula requested was the gold bead front sight to replace the fiber optic one (the FO one was in the bag), because she knows that I much prefer them to anything else.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the geometry of the inner lug of the slide stop is completely different than that of a 1911.

·
Super Moderator
6,144 Posts
Very nice.

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Beautiful looking pistol Rick. Enjoy it in good health.

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. I plan on taking it to ebl’s course at Okee in March.

I’ll be one of the RSOs, and I sure hope to see some of y’all there!

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Congratulations Rick, that’s a beaut!!! May it serve you well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
28,818 Posts
Wow, Rick! I just got off work and out from behind my firewall to see the beautiful pics of your new piece! Congratulations and looking forward to seeing it in person at OSS next month! (y) (y)

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, Rick! I just got off work and out from behind my firewall to see the beautiful pics of your new piece! Congratulations and looking forward to seeing it in person at OSS next month! (y) (y)
You got it!
See you at the airport there.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
Beautiful gun!

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks man.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
My 35 year anniversary present finally came in; just a little over a month past the anniversary date.

We got,”the call” from Wilson last Tuesday, but then the second day air UPS shipping was messed up by the bad weather up north, so the pistol wasn’t delivered to my LGS until today.

I field stripped it and lubed everything up this PM, as it was bone dry inside, and am looking forward to shooting it at this weeks IDPA practice.

So, without further adieu:

View attachment 70347 View attachment 70348 View attachment 70349
Nice ..

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
That is one gun I have yet to hold. I think it’s good I haven’t 😬
Love those black cherry grips. Nice gun, congrats.

Ive been hunting for a Wilson ULC in 9mm but haven’t had much luck finding one at a reasonable price. May just have to order it the way I want.

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That is one gun I have yet to hold. I think it’s good I haven’t 😬
Love those black cherry grips. Nice gun, congrats.

Ive been hunting for a Wilson ULC in 9mm but haven’t had much luck finding one at a reasonable price. May just have to order it the way I want.
Well, you can shoot it next month, as I’ll be carrying it at ebl’s TFP course in Okee on March 6th.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Rick, really nice......but, please don't bring it to class. I don't want to see it, hold it or shoot it.......My wife will not be happy if I get the itch to get another gun.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts