Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried these out? Are they worth the price (about $80.00) for those of us with medium sized hands? I usually carry the G19 or P365 IWB (in a Panther, of course). I have been toying with the idea of carrying the 92 FS OWB. But, I find that the grip is just a bit large to secure a perfect grip on the draw, must make a small (minute) adjustment as I bring the pistol out and up. Also, no way to work the magazine release without adjusting my grip to reach it.

Do the Wilson Ultra Thin grips make a difference. They have great reviews, but would like to hear from any here with first hand experience.

Here's a link: Beretta 92/96 G10 Grips | ULTRA THIN | Black-https://shopwilsoncombat.com/

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
I have them on the Wilson combat centurion model and like them a lot. I think they’d be a good choice. I have handled the venerable standard 92 and the grips feel pretty fat in comparison. The factory ones on my 92X are pretty thin too.
Mr. Little Gator .. I they work for you , Just go for it ! $$ yes , Comfort ++++ ;)

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I will order them later today. Will report when they arrive and are installed.

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you sir. Your generous offer is much appreciated, but that won't be necessary. (y)

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Has anyone tried these out? Are they worth the price (about $80.00) for those of us with medium sized hands? I usually carry the G19 or P365 IWB (in a Panther, of course). I have been toying with the idea of carrying the 92 FS OWB. But, I find that the grip is just a bit large to secure a perfect grip on the draw, must make a small (minute) adjustment as I bring the pistol out and up. Also, no way to work the magazine release without adjusting my grip to reach it.

Do the Wilson Ultra Thin grips make a difference. They have great reviews, but would like to hear from any here with first hand experience.

Here's a link: Beretta 92/96 G10 Grips | ULTRA THIN | Black-https://shopwilsoncombat.com/

Thanks.

Ugh.. no you didn't.
"first hand experience"? With a grip?

That has to be one of the worst puns on here in a while. :)

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
Thank you sir. Your generous offer is much appreciated, but that won't be necessary. (y)
You are more than welcome Mr. LittleGator .. I meant what i said & the offer still goes , 'Anytime ! After all , we're all in this together My Brother ! 'Gunner' ;)

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Just curious….. is it a standard 92 or a Wilson Combat version? Been wanting to try one of those out, they look BA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ugh.. no you didn't.
"first hand experience"? With a grip?

That has to be one of the worst puns on here in a while. :)
:unsure: Totally innocent and unintended. According to Merriam-Webster: obtained by, coming from, or being direct personal observation or experience. :)

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just curious….. is it a standard 92 or a Wilson Combat version? Been wanting to try one of those out, they look BA.

it is a standard 92FS. Not as pretty as Anduril's Glocks, but I like it. Beretta makes nice looking firearms that work.

Just ordered the Ultra Thin Wilson grips.

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
it is a standard 92FS. Not as pretty as Anduril's Glocks, but I like it. Beretta makes nice looking firearms that work.

Just ordered the Ultra Thin Wilson grips.
He doesn’t need his head inflated anymore than it already is. Plus, glocks are as ugly as 1911s with pict rails. (Runs and hides behind the biggest rock I can find).

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just got a UPS tracking number. Should be here Saturday. (y)

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
He doesn’t need his head inflated anymore than it already is. Plus, glocks are as ugly as 1911s with pict rails. (Runs and hides behind the biggest rock I can find).

Coordinates for Mount Rushmore: 43.8791, -103.4591

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Grips were delivered Saturday, as promised. I installed them just now. Comparing the stock grips with the Wilson Ultra Thins side by side before installation reveals a noticeable difference in thickness. Once installed, the hold is definitely much improved for my hands. The reach to the trigger is effortless with the pistol perfectly aligned with the forearm. Previously, there was a very slight tilt to the right to accommodate a less than perfect reach to the trigger.

I am also able to activate the mag release without adjusting my grip. Most excellent!

Next, when I find a little time, will practice scoop draws to confirm I am able to draw and bring the gun to bear without requiring the previously necessary adjustment to the grip. If that works, and I fully expect that it will, I want to send a couple of hundred rounds down range. I've read that these grips may be a little rough and a slight polish with very fine sand paper sometimes help. Will test that out at the range.

Assuming all of the above work out, and I think it will, I will work the 92FS into the rotation OWB with an unbuttoned shirt or light jacket as a cover garment.

I think I can recommend these for those with medium sized hands. (y)

·
Registered
16,899 Posts
Pitchers????

One thing I didn’t like that Wilson did to mine was the extended mag release. It’s rough and sticks out too much. Rubbed me raw. I swapped it back to a stock metal one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts