Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this up today. Not too long ago I bought some online and they came in ziploc bags with blue paper insert. Most I see are like that. This one as you see is different. Same 47D.

So is this new or old packaging, new or old magazine, any difference between the two other than the packaging like improved follower or different springs etc?

Thanks.

And no I didn't pay $45 for it? $12 more than direct from Wilson which I showed them on my phone so he sold it to me for $30. Just need a lo-profile steel concealment pad for it and I'll be fine.

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Picked this up today. Not too long ago I bought some online and they came in ziploc bags with blue paper insert. Most I see are like that. This one as you see is different. Same 47D.

So is this new or old packaging, new or old magazine, any difference between the two other than the packaging like improved follower or different springs etc?

Thanks.

And no I didn't pay $45 for it? $12 more than direct from Wilson which I showed them on my phone so he sold it to me for $30. Just need a lo-profile steel concealment pad for it and I'll be fine.
As far as I know; a 47D is a 47D.

The newer design W/C mags with the heavier springs and mag bodies aren't 47D's.

My 10 round 9mm mags are ETM's. They made .45acp ETM's as well. Their newest design mags are called something else.

47D's are fine for me. I have some over 10 years old that still feed perfectly.

·
Registered
54,299 Posts
As far as I know; a 47D is a 47D.

The newer design W/C mags with the heavier springs and mag bodies aren't 47D's.

My 10 round 9mm mags are ETM's. They made .45acp ETM's as well. Their newest design mags are called something else.

47D's are fine for me. I have some over 10 years old that still feed perfectly.
What mags are those? I'm not familiar with anything but their 47d's and what's the difference in them, if you know sir.
Thanks

·
Registered
16,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What mags are those? I'm not familiar with anything but their 47d's and what's the difference in them, if you know sir.
Thanks
Well you have the Vickers ETM mags. Non slotted body to keep dirt out. Different follower and I think flat wire spring.

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/mobile/1911-ETM-V-Vickers-Duty-Magazine-45-ACP-Full-Size-8-Round-Steel-Base-Pad/productinfo/800/

And you have the Wilson ETM mags which are supposed to be the 'one up' from the 47Ds.
Slightly longer body to better facilitate 8rnds. But they stick out farther.

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/mobile/1911-Elite-Tactical-Magazine-45-ACP-Full-Size-8-Round-ETM-Base-Pad/productinfo/500/

And you have the ETM+P with HD springs in them. These have extra power springs which are supposed to be good for life. I think?

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/mobile/1911-Elite-Tactical-Magazine-45-ACP-HD_P-Full-Size-8-Round-Aluminum-Base-Pad/productinfo/500A-HD/

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Well you have the Vickers ETM mags. Non slotted body to keep dirt out. Different follower and I think flat wire spring.

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/mobile/1911-ETM-V-Vickers-Duty-Magazine-45-ACP-Full-Size-8-Round-Steel-Base-Pad/productinfo/800/

And you have the Wilson ETM mags which are supposed to be the 'one up' from the 47Ds.
Slightly longer body to better facilitate 8rnds. But they stick out farther.

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/mobile/1911-Elite-Tactical-Magazine-45-ACP-Full-Size-8-Round-ETM-Base-Pad/productinfo/500/

And you have the ETM+P with HD springs in them. These have extra power springs which are supposed to be good for life. I think?

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/mobile/1911-Elite-Tactical-Magazine-45-ACP-HD_P-Full-Size-8-Round-Aluminum-Base-Pad/productinfo/500A-HD/
Thank you Sir!

Saved me from cutting and pasting. :thumsup

·
Registered
54,299 Posts
I'll stay with my Tripp Research 8 round mags for 36.00 instead of that Vickers mag for 54.00. Besides, I couldn't carry anything with his name connected to it. His inability to shoot threat focused may rub off on me. :rofl

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
I'll stay with my Tripp Research 8 round mags for 36.00 instead of that Vickers mag for 54.00. Besides, I couldn't carry anything with his name connected to it. His inability to shoot threat focused may rub off on me. :rofl
:rofl

I have a couple of Cobra mags myself.

·
Registered
16,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going on what LOTS of 'pros' say to use and those are the 47Ds.
But for the life of me I can't figure out the plastic follower?
Again I've no idea why a plastic follower in a pistol mag bothers me but the same in a pmag doesn't?
I would like a nice indestructible 1911 mag as reliable as the 47D with a metal follower please.

The CmC 9mm mags I got are. Brownie are the .45 Tripp mags you got metal or plastic followers?

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
I'm going on what LOTS of 'pros' say to use and those are the 47Ds.
But for the life of me I can't figure out the plastic follower?
Again I've no idea why a plastic follower in a pistol mag bothers me but the same in a pmag doesn't?
I would like a nice indestructible 1911 mag as reliable as the 47D with a metal follower please.

The CmC 9mm mags I got are. Brownie are the .45 Tripp mags you got metal or plastic followers?
CMC, Colt and Kimber mags are made by CheckMate; check them out some time.

The Tripp Research Cobra 1911 mags I have, both seven and eight rounders, have a "hybrid" follower. The upper part the cartridge feeds from is a composite which includes a small raised "rib" to preclude last round feed issues (like the raised round "bump" found on many steel followers), and a steel bottom half, which includes the part that interacts with the slide stop.

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Interesting. Do they fit flush or stick way out like the ETMs?
Seven rounder has a flush fit steel base (think milspec).

Eight rounder has a removeable composite base a little shorter (top to bottom) than the composite bases on my Wilsons. Other than that it looks pretty much identical.

I'll bring them along to Okee.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Great, a f*cktarded spammer brought a thread back from the dead.

Thread will probably vote Democrat in the next election..

·
Registered
7,859 Posts

I can’t see any new posts except yours. Perhaps the mods already deleted it? :dunno

- - - Updated - - -

I can’t see any new posts except yours. Perhaps the mods already deleted it? :dunno

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Ive used Tripp Since the early 2000’s, converted my other mags with their innards as well....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts