Florida Concealed Carry banner

Will blanks cycle the action on a semi-automatic shotgun? (Gut instinct here, don't Google it.) :)

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Don't know

Votes: 2 15.4%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I "know" the answer to this, but let me just put it out there...

Will blanks cycle the action on a semi-automatic shotgun?
(Specifically, the IWI TS12, not that it matters.)

Would be curious to know the thoughts and opinions of people who have never actually tried this.

·
Registered
8,820 Posts
I know they wouldn’t cycle an M16 back in the day. When firing blanks, we had red-painted screw on muzzle-block things that we had to use. Otherwise, the rifles wouldn’t cycle.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Not without some sort of BFA.

Reactions: zukinut

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
I know they wouldn’t cycle an M16 back in the day. When firing blanks, we had red-painted screw on muzzle-block things that we had to use. Otherwise, the rifles wouldn’t cycle.

You and I did basic about the same time and I recall were at Fort Benning at the same time. I remember those red screw on things and recall that when we were disassembling hand guards one time we found a stamp that indicated the part was made by Mattel toys.It did not instill a great deal of confidence.

·
Registered
20,840 Posts
BFA????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blank firing attachment...if there is no projectile in the barrel to develop pressure against the action it will not cycle...a bfa allows pressure to build in the barrel...just remember to remove it when you load live ammo...although it is supposed to blow off...

Reactions: Rick McC. and Caleb

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
blank firing attachment...if there is no projectile in the barrel to develop pressure against the action it will not cycle...a bfa allows pressure to build in the barrel...just remember to remove it when you load live ammo...although it is supposed to blow off...
Thank you’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
If the barrel is blocked internally it will. Had a few 8mm blank firing replicas that would cycle blanks fine that didn't have the barrel drilled all the way.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
I'm still confused on both of them.
What does BFR / BFA mean?
BFA= Blank Firing Adapter. A device the blocks the barrel, forcing the gas pressure to cycle the action.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think I "know" the answer to this, but let me just put it out there...

Will blanks cycle the action on a semi-automatic shotgun?
(Specifically, the IWI TS12, not that it matters.)

Would be curious to know the thoughts and opinions of people who have never actually tried this.
I would call IWI before even attempting it. Doing so might void your 5 year warranty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I sell the P2 (P-Squared) brand of Snap Caps... they are inert, that means dead, will no go BOOM! I cannot tell you how many times I get an email saying the firearm did not cycle or the bullet did not eject when the trigger was pulled.

By the way, you can get my Snap Caps at p2-services.com, get 10% off with promo code ThankU

Pete

1 - 16 of 16 Posts