Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She does not have a carry license and wants to buy a handgun with the 4473 in her name. May also want to purchase online. Is this something she can do legally and what is involved. I have never purchased a firearm online so I have no idea how this works. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
15,846 Posts
Have to have it shipped to a FFL here, pay the transfer fee and fill out the 4473 there

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Have to have it shipped to a FFL here, pay the transfer fee and fill out the 4473 there
Correct. I’m not 100% sure but there might be a “waiting” period without a CC. Either way, if she passes the 4473… she can buy a gun in her name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
I need to find an FFL in my area that will accept the transfer and give this info to whomever she purchases from. She will have to do the waiting period as well. Correct?
The online seller may all ready have an FFL near you in it's records, check with them. Less for you to do.

Check the fine print with the seller. Generally speaking the sale is 'as is' and 'final', even for new firearms, but some will send another in exchange if it was damaged during shipping.

·
Premium Member
6,880 Posts
Just be very careful on who you buy the gun from.
A whole lot of scams going on these days.
Ronnie

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Waiting period? Is this something new? I thought that, in Florida, if background check is clean, you walk out with the gun. :unsure:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just be very careful on who you buy the gun from.
A whole lot of scams going on these days.
Ronnie
Appreciate that Ronnie. After being hacked a couple of times (we did not lose anything much but still not fun) we are a lot more cautious about our dealings. Was thinking will probably buy new which will be through a reputable source. Still looking.

·
Super Moderator
32,158 Posts
Not without a carry license.
And I believe depending on the location, that waiting period is either 3 or 5 days. For example, I believe Palm Beach is 5 days without a FCWFL. 🤬

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
I am going to try and get her to take a certification class, then get her carry license first.
Also, instead of spending $$$ on accessories that can be purchased down the line, get her some professional training (I believe you did mention that earlier). The more confident she is with operating the pistol, the more likely she will walk out the door strapped…..every time. Just my $0.02

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
Also, instead of spending $$$ on accessories that can be purchased down the line, get her some professional training (I believe you did mention that earlier). The more confident she is with operating the pistol, the more likely she will walk out the door strapped…..every time. Just my $0.02

That’s for sure! 👍

·
Premium Member
6,880 Posts
Go to a range where you can rent a few different guns for her to try.
Just having her pick out a gun she may like the look of, may not be the best choice.
Try a 380 & a 9MM caliber (((the 380 using HST ammo is pretty good self defense ammo and has less recoil then the 9MM))))
The S&W EZ firearms work great and easy to use.
Ronnie

1 - 20 of 40 Posts