Florida Concealed Carry banner

Wife Changes Her Mind

6K views 37 replies 19 participants last post by  Steve48 
#1 · (Edited)
Up until one month ago my wife would not even touch a firearm, and thought I was a bit over the line by carrying everywhere. A couple of weeks ago, after a local home invasion robbery where our oldest son used to live, she asked me if a S&W .38 Special made a good carry gun. This past weekend she had me buy her a Kel-Tec and an extra mag. She took a gun course at Jay's here in town. And today, she completed a concealed carry permit application, and wants to join the NRA. You should have seen her at the range during the course. At about 20 feet, that bad man on the paper target represented a corpse. She put put 29 out of 30 rounds right in the center of mass (except one round struck the BG's right wrist). Now, she's what I call "a keeper." :thumsup

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Steve, how right you are. I was able to buy a Guardian 380 for myself at the same time I bought her gun.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
That's great Jbuck. There's nothing like not having to worry about your loved one being unprotected when you are not there. My lady now want's her own AR-15. I just have to stay at work longer to support our new habit.:eek:
NKM,
I know what your mean. Fortunately for my wallet, she still doesn't care much for my Bushmaster.

Discussion starter · #11 ·
Congrats, I told you she would come around. I am happy for you.

I would like to hear some reports on that Guardian. I have to admit I like the way it looks. I would like to find out how it feels and shoots also.

Henry

Henry,

You were absolutely right on. :thumsup

I'll let you know how the Guardian shoots after I get a chance to get to the range with it. It's a bit heavier than the Kel-Tek but about the same size.

Discussion starter · #15 ·
Let us know how that works out, MamaBear...may have to try it! The wife and I went through over 500 rounds this past weekend...more tomorrow!

JBuck, it's great to hear that there is now another wonderful Lady that refuses to be food! Once she gets comfortable with carry, it's time to talk about mindset and tactics. Wish I knew someone in your area to point you towards.

Randy Cain teaches a Husband/Wife tactics class in Lakeland at SouthernExposureTraining on occasion. Might be worth looking into.
Rvrctyrngr,

Thanks for the words. I agree, she is a wonderful lady. I don't think I'd want to mess with her, armed or not, but I feel safer knowing she's armed. :rolf

Did you do some Panama City time in your training? I retired out there several years ago.

Discussion starter · #16 ·
Discussion starter · #18 ·
Drool. Wow, that is nice.

I got bullets, lots of bullets for Christmas, not guns this year. I guess you have to start somewhere. Maybe if I plant them they will turn into more guns. If not, I'm going to have to get a job that pays more than my daily supply of hugs and kisses.

MamaBear
MamaBear,

I don't know ..... hugs & kisses are pretty valuable. A job that pays like that is pretty hard to get. Fortunately for me, my two grand kids and their parents have kept me in the black for years. :thumsup

Jim

Discussion starter · #21 ·
JBuck
I am always happy to read when ones wife makes the turn-around as wife did also,I was trying just to get her to the range and i finally did when we got to the range she got as far as the ear protection less then 2 mins in the range she was flinching for the sounds of gunfire,

she froze so i told her it was ok its a normal response tat she was not used to the sounds and she waited on the other side of the glass hoping that if she watched me she might change her mind nope she didn't,after a few weeks went by she was waching the news was noticing the amount of home invasions also the missing jogger at blanchard park who was later found behihd a post office not far from the park.

i got home from work first thing she said was i have to get a gun she then asked me where i kept minemy reply was you first need to learn how to use it,she then said the magic words ok when can we go to the range? she fired a seacamp 32 a S&W 642 a S&W M&P 9mm PT111 9mm.

i have to tell you she was and still is a natural back in Oct on my bday i rented a 1911 man did she get a rush man she had a natural high most of the day and i must say she hit center mass everytime.

She has her CWL now carrys a 38 now she wants a 9mm so now we are looking around checking out what she would be interested in.
Orlando Driver,

That's what I like about our forum. There are so many shared experiences to hear about and learn from.

I'm guessing the Kel-Tec 32 Lisa has wont satisfy her for long. She'll soon be looking for an upgrade.

My oldest boy (flagrasscutter) just picked up a Kel-Tec 9mm. So far, he likes it. I'm hoping Lisa will want to try it. That would be a simple upsize in caliber without a big change in the feel and operation of the gun.

Jim

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Hey that round in the wrist was a GREAT shot!!

Roy Rogers did it every Saturday, and if it was good enough for Roy Rogers, then it has to be good enough for your wife too! Right?? :D
Absolutely!

I hadn't thought about winging the BG in his shooting hand before putting the other 29 rounds in him. Proving once again that my wife is smarter than I am. :rolf

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.