Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
27,513 Posts
Sweet! (y)

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Nice, I’d average 3 tickets a week driving that, but it would be worth it.

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Wow, I didn’t know Amazon sold those. Sweet! 😜

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It’s part Brownie’s fault for buying a new 2 wheeler.

i’ve been shopping for these for a while now. I traded my 2016 hellcat on a 2018 jeep track hawk which has the same drivetrain only it’s four-wheel-drive. The color is called Go Man Go Orange. It’s kind of hard to find. My dealer in Orlando tried to dealer trade for this car in Jacksonville as it was in transit and they told him it was sold. Apparently, the dealers don’t want to let go of any of these.

Dodge has a big rebate on the 2020s and they are disappearing quickly. I can’t really explain why they sold this one so cheap. It’s one thing I’ve learned buying handguns. Don’t get emotionally involved, There will always be another.

I called the dealer in Jacksonville to see if the car had arrived and it just got there late on the 14th. I talked to a young salesman that answered the phone and asked him to work a price. He came back with a silly offer and I told him thanks, I’ll think about it. Then his sales manager called and offered another thousand dollars off. I told him that I normally buy cars back of invoice and thanks but no thanks. Next, another guy called. He seemed more serious and asked me what I had in mind, I lowballed him and offered him $11,000 off list. He called right back and said we had a deal and took a credit card deposit.

On top of everything, I think the new kid that answered the phone either wanted to get the deal done or something was up. The boss called back and said since it was going to take me a few days to get my wife up there for title work that they would deliver the car that night from Jacksonville to Sanford. We handled the transaction at home, wrote a check and talked Guns a bit and His ride took him back to Jacksonville.

Any idea what the deal was? A friend told me maybe they had to make some numbers for a mid month report or something.

Muscle cars are like carrying .45 super, you don’t need the extra power all the time but it feels good knowing it’s there.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You know, I was a drag racer for years. I drove a 67 Camaro rally sport with a bored and stroked 454 with a tunnel ram on the street. It may have been the fastest car in Orlando in my day.

I still have a number of hot rods and love the power and speed. I guess I’ve never grown up. I think I’ll always be a teenager until I drop dead. You have to get older but you don’t have to grow up in my book.

When I hear the engine in this thing start remotely at over 700hp and I open the door, I feel like I’m still the teenager with the hot rod. I feel that way until I make that horrible groaning noise we all start to make it about age 65 when we get up from a chair or get in or out of a car.

Mopar or no car! (Kidding)

·
Registered
6,286 Posts
Growing up is a choice, growing old.....not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
I need to get my wife to buy more stuff on Amazon. . . .

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nice car, brings back the good old days. My muscle car from 1968. All I have is these two pictures and lots of good memories. All factory stock: 360 hp HO engine, 400 cu in, close ratio 4 speed and 3:90 positrack rear end. I used to go to Connecticut Dragway and Lebanon Valley in NY to watch the drags. Yes, I wish I still had it.
GTO-1.jpg
GTO-2.jpg

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Beautiful car, I remember those well. A lot of those were made into fake “judges“ as I recall the GTO had a serial number prefix of 242.

those cars are worth the bank these days.

·
Registered
199 Posts
That was the real deal, if I remember the sticker price it was around $4,070 out the door. I bought it in the fall of 1967 and didn't take possession until Jan of 68. We used to hang around the Big Boy restaurant outside and everyone had a muscle car, lots of street races. Good times.😇

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I used to do the same down here. One of my worst nights ever was right before I went in the army. I was street racing my Camaro against a Chevelle with a 427. When we came off the line, I left him like he was tied to a tree. Then my engine shut off.

He passed me and then my engine came alive again and I passed him. Then my engine shut off.

I had about $106 to my name and I had bet him 100 which I had to pay. To my great embarrassment, I guess I had bumped the rev limiter on the auto meter tachometer and it was shutting my engine down at 4000 RPM!

·
Registered
8,129 Posts
At least I don’t have to carry it in the house.

I wanted something inconspicuous.
That’s,exactly,the color that Paula’s ‘19 Charger is. Just so you know; it’s apparently a blend of multiple reds. Her’s got scraped in a parking lot, and the touch up paint ordered by the dealership based on the paint code didn’t match. I had a custom color made by NAPA, and that wasn’t a true match either, though it was better than the dealers. So; be careful!

B0A91550-E32B-40EC-9C53-0C5B24119EB2.jpeg

·
Registered
199 Posts
The car would red line at 5200 rpm and the odometer would say about 105 and that would be just about the end of the 1/4 mile we marked off on the street. The problem with these cars was the drum brakes, you had a hard time slowing them down. We had one guy, Jack, and he had a 67 Camaro and it was not stock. He would come into the Big Boy and goose the throttle and pull the front wheels off the ground. It got to a point where it was too radical for the street and all he did was race it.

·
Registered
8,129 Posts
You know, I was a drag racer for years. I drove a 67 Camaro rally sport with a bored and stroked 454 with a tunnel ram on the street. It may have been the fastest car in Orlando in my day.

I still have a number of hot rods and love the power and speed. I guess I’ve never grown up. I think I’ll always be a teenager until I drop dead. You have to get older but you don’t have to grow up in my book.

When I hear the engine in this thing start remotely at over 700hp and I open the door, I feel like I’m still the teenager with the hot rod. I feel that way until I make that horrible groaning noise we all start to make it about age 65 when we get up from a chair or get in or out of a car.

Mopar or no car! (Kidding)
Yeah; it’s much easier getting in and out of my Laramie than that Charger!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts