Florida Concealed Carry banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
16,483 Posts
Im just as confused. IMHO, there‘s something missing here. Based on the few articles I’ve read, the dad received a call from the son simply saying help. Dad got there but realized he didn’t have his cellphone so he left to find a phone at a gas station or similar.

So, the son’s phone disappeared? No5 to mention, if I found my son bleeding and dying, I’d have shoved his ass in the car and take with me. What father leaves their kid in that way?

Granted, the article(s) ive read could be inaccurate and I could have misread.
I feel the same. No way I’m leaving him there? And who leaves their cell phone after just getting a call from son saying ‘help’? I’d keep him on the line and not hang up till I got there?
Journalism is dead I guess or dad made a couple mistakes?

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
7.62, I’m with you. It does seem highly unusual. I’ve seen a fair amount of people at homicide scenes and their reactions run the gamut. Some go into the “get to work mode” and others just spin in a circle.

·
Super Moderator
26,631 Posts
I kind of thought the gator threat to fishermen from small boats or banks of bodies of water was obvious. :oops:

·
Super Moderator
26,631 Posts
I feel the same. No way I’m leaving him there? And who leaves their cell phone after just getting a call from son saying ‘help’? I’d keep him on the line and not hang up till I got there?
Journalism is dead I guess or dad made a couple mistakes?
No way am I leaving my son at the scene. I'm also not w/o my phone and I'm already on my phone to 911 while en route to my son requesting help! SMDH

·
Registered
20,311 Posts
i'm obviously missing something somewhere...3 kids got killed in a remote area while on a fishing trip....this doesnt ring that bell in your head?..

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Well, of course it does BNB, we agree these kids should have had protection.

I listened to an update by the sheriff and apparently the father was only 10 minutes away. The boys hadn’t started fishing yet. They were meeting to go catfishing for the night. It sounds like somebody bushwhacked them. One arrived in his car and apparently was shot and beaten and then the other two arrived and met the same fate. The father was so freaked that he forgot his cell phone.

There’s a $30,000 reward now for information. Grady Judd is pretty much on the ball and I bet will hear of some arrests soon. It was heart wrenching to listen to a couple of the parents on the news.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Fox News is reporting that three people have been arrested in connection with the slayings. 26 year old Tony “TJ” Wiggins, his girlfriend Mary Whitemore, 27, and TJs little bro William “Robert” Wiggins 21.

The booking photos are exactly what you’d imagine them to be.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
I’m down here in Polk county picking up a car trailer. Local just told me it was a dispute over an engine. Female said she knew nothing but they have video of her at McDonalds right after with the guys.

Death penalty case.

·
Registered
922 Posts
This turd has 230 FELONY charges and was still out walking the earth.
I hope whatever prosecutors, attys and any others who helped facilitate his freedom also rot in hell!
this is just plain terrible!
That’s one I don’t understand either. If one tenth of them stuck (meaning of every ten they ran concurrently) and they are a year each, that would still be 26 years behind bars. Basically his age right now.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I hope whatever prosecutors, attys and any others who helped facilitate his freedom also rot in hell!
His parents must be really proud.... unless he killed them too, of course.
Really? 230 Felonies and still out of jail.?!

That right there is why people should get themselves armed and learn how to defend themselves.
Unbelievable!! Almost.

·
Super Moderator
26,631 Posts
This! How does a 26 year old chaulk up 230 felonies and still be alive, much less out of jail. We had a saying in Texas, "He needed killin'!" 🤬

When I read the Fox report, it kind of sounded like the father, realizing he'd left his cell phone behind, stopped at a convenience store nearby the family home on the way to the fishing site to call 9-1-1. I could understand that but I still can't wrap my head around the previously understood version, where he found his son still alive and left him there to call for help.

Reactions: 7.62Kolectr

·
Registered
20,311 Posts
This! How does a 26 year old chaulk up 230 felonies and still be alive, much less out of jail. We had a saying in Texas, "He needed killin'!" 🤬

When I read the Fox report, it kind of sounded like the father, realizing he'd left his cell phone behind, stopped at a convenience store nearby the family home on the way to the fishing site to call 9-1-1. I could understand that but I still can't wrap my head around the previously understood version, where he found his son still alive and left him there to call for help.
because nobody really knows how they will act under severe duress...until they are subjected to it...take a moment to play the call in your head and imagine what went through his when he was hearing it...

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Super Moderator
26,631 Posts
I hear you and mostly agree. I'm still pretty sure I'm not leaving my son. However, I could imagine leaving the house in a hurry and forgetting my phone, but stopping on the way to my son to get "first responders" rolling toward the scene. :unsure:

Reactions: bladenbullet

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
“This! How does a 26 year old chaulk up 230 felonies and still be alive, much less out of jail. We had a saying in Texas, "He needed killin'!" 🤬

That’s an old saying down here, too; and still “relevant.”

·
Registered
16,483 Posts
because nobody really knows how they will act under severe duress...until they are subjected to it...take a moment to play the call in your head and imagine what went through his when he was hearing it...
He really musta lost it because to have taken that help call he HAD his phone in his hand. Instead of putting it in his pocket he ‘left’ it home? Just weird and sad

41 - 59 of 59 Posts