Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
single-action-double-action-pistols.jpg

If one looks at the pistols developed in recent years, one could get the impression that the single-action, double-action pistol is on it's way out. Why bother, some say, since the striker-fired (technically a striker gun is more of a hammerless SA, but whatever) design is so much easier to operate?

As it happens, there are a lot of devotees of the SA/DA trigger format, for a number of reasons. Not everyone is a fan of the Glock safety or rather the integrated trigger safety of the profusion, plenitude and plethora of striker-fired guns that only have an integrated trigger safety..

Continue reading at:
http://gunbelts.com/blog/single-action-double-action/

·
Super Moderator
29,109 Posts
Well mine gets plenty of love! :grin

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
I like single action pistols. I just bought a Heritage arms rough rider 22lr / 22 magnum.
I had a great collection of COLT single action Army 45's but got stupid and sold them off to buy a Corvette.( Kept it for ten years until it started falling apart)
I watched the video with Hickok 45 and he liked the Heritage so I bought one, I'll see if I like it after I shoot it next week.
Ronnie

·
Registered
13,731 Posts
View attachment 30970

If one looks at the pistols developed in recent years, one could get the impression that the single-action, double-action pistol is on it's way out. Why bother, some say, since the striker-fired (technically a striker gun is more of a hammerless SA, but whatever) design is so much easier to operate?

As it happens, there are a lot of devotees of the SA/DA trigger format, for a number of reasons. Not everyone is a fan of the Glock safety or rather the integrated trigger safety of the profusion, plenitude and plethora of striker-fired guns that only have an integrated trigger safety..

Continue reading at:
http://gunbelts.com/blog/single-action-double-action/
I disagree with the highlighted statement....Striker fired guns like the Glock 17 is technically a D/A strike fired pistol. When you pull back the slide, it cocks the striker to half cock. Once you release the trigger safety by squeezing the trigger, it brings the striker to full cock while releasing the slide safety pin then releases the trigger firing the gun.......Always look to see what the trigger will do. If it both cocks and fires, it is a D/A. In the case of a striker. The striker is only at half cock and only goes to full cock when the trigger is manipulated.

Quite honestly, I like all guns. S/A only, D/A only or SA/DA.

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
I like single action pistols. I just bought a Heritage arms rough rider 22lr / 22 magnum.
I had a great collection of COLT single action Army 45's but got stupid and sold them off to buy a Corvette.( Kept it for ten years until it started falling apart)
I watched the video with Hickok 45 and he liked the Heritage so I bought one, I'll see if I like it after I shoot it next week.
Ronnie
Keep us posted on how that Heritage holds up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts