Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: racer88

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Not bad fit a first timer!
It's been a bit frustrating at times, mostly with the internal parts working together. But, pretty cool that I could build a gun that works!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Have you done the Glock 19 parts swap out yet?

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
Have you done the Glock 19 parts swap out yet?
You mean put the P80 parts in the Glock 19? Not yet. I'm about to head to the range to run the P80 parts in the P80 build. I'm bringing the G19, as well... in case the P80 craps out, I'll still have something to shoot. But, even if the P80 holds, which I think it will... I want to shoot the stock G19 a bit anyway.

Reactions: mike_1950

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Range report... I haven't processed target photos. But, here's a short summary.

The G34 ran flawlessly again with the P80 parts. Not a single failure of any kind.

That said, I'm not shooting it for **** in the accuracy or precision departments.

I will say the P80 trigger is not as crisp or light as my stock Glock 19, which I also shot today for comparison. I shot the G19 more precisely than the G34.

I'd chalk my lack of accuracy and precision with the G34 to multiple factors... the shooter (of course), the trigger, and the sights. All of which suck to some degree!

I've got an OEM trigger and trigger housing on the way. That may help a bit. But, I also need some better sights (than what came with the ZP slide). And, eventually a trigger that's even better than the OEM trigger.

I HOPE those are the issues factoring into the lack of precision / accuracy. I hope it's NOT the ZP barrel. I'll eliminate the various variable causes one at a time.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Range report... I haven't processed target photos. But, here's a short summary.

The G34 ran flawlessly again with the P80 parts. Not a single failure of any kind.

That said, I'm not shooting it for **** in the accuracy or precision departments.

I will say the P80 trigger is not as crisp or light as my stock Glock 19, which I also shot today for comparison. I shot the G19 more precisely than the G34.

I'd chalk my lack of accuracy and precision with the G34 to multiple factors... the shooter (of course), the trigger, and the sights. All of which suck to some degree!

I've got an OEM trigger and trigger housing on the way. That may help a bit. But, I also need some better sights (than what came with the ZP slide). And, eventually a trigger that's even better than the OEM trigger.

I HOPE those are the issues factoring into the lack of precision / accuracy. I hope it's NOT the ZP barrel. I'll eliminate the various variable causes one at a time.
Installing the Black Yikes connector did wonders for the OEM Poly 80 trigger. Still want to run about 300 more rds thru it to see if I want to install the TImney trigger. Ohhh I want to, just looking at $150 more into the gun makes me cringe a little, but I have restrained myself rather well in the build.

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
You can try an Apex trigger or one of their “kits”. You could of had an off day as well, even tho you shot the g19 ok. Different grip module and a longer slide (more/less recoil).

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
OK... here are some targets comparing how I did with the P80/G34 vs the Glock 19 (stock Gen 2). Disappointing. But, no functional failures with the P80 in the first 200 rounds! I think that's amazing.

But, I expect a G34 to shoot better than this. The P80 trigger has a much stiffer break than my old stock G19 trigger. The sights that came with the ZP slide also pretty much suck. So, those will be changing soon, hopefully.

I've got an OEM trigger / trigger bar and trigger housing coming. Also a Ghost 3.5-lb Avenger connector and complete spring kit. We'll see how that helps.

I'm undecided on sights. I have an optic cutout, so it's begging for an optic, of course. I'm thinking Holosun 507 (green). But, I'd like some iron sights, too. Not sure on those. Ideally an adjustable rear sight that can also accommodate an optic. Most adjustable rear sight bases extend far forward, which would prevent mounting an optic.

Sucking wind on the bench for some reason. Had to lean over to do it. Maybe that's why. Or maybe I just suck! 🤣

In any case... we've gotta make that G34 shoot better than the ol G19!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Added a few minor after market parts. R
Air gun Computer keyboard Wood Trigger Gun barrel
eally glad I decided to do the P80 instead of buying the Glock 19.

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
I should have an OEM trigger housing, trigger / bar, and striker pin by the weekend! I've already got the Ghost Inc connector and spring kit. If they are as good as everyone says, it should be a huge improvement on the trigger action.

Product Font Communication Device Gadget Portable communications device

Reactions: Caleb

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Got a little "bling" for my P80 today:

Light Sports equipment Font Auto part Ratchet

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
7,405 Posts