Florida Concealed Carry banner
81 - 100 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
FYI

Gunxperts. In Winter Park has ten P80 kits in stock just now. If you’re interested and hesitant to get on a “list” by having one mailed to your home address this might be a good source. 321-972-5673

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Actually they appear to be larger than real life on a non black firearm. The controls are fairly flat so they do not protrude much to interfere with a holster either. The controls are proportional to the firearm size in my opinion. Here is mine. View attachment 72182
Did you fill in the debossed branding / labels (with white)? Or did it come that way? Just curious.

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
Did you fill in the debossed branding / labels (with white)? Or did it come that way? Just curious.
That’s easily done with nail polish or some use crayons (probably the Marines) to fill it in with whatever color suits your mood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
That’s easily done with nail polish or some use crayons (probably the Marines) to fill it in with whatever color suits your mood.

I know. I was just curious if that was factory or owner-mod.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
That is a to much time on my hands mod!!! Done with some craft paint, scrapped off with a credit card and then hand buffed. Like the other one I did>>>
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

·
Registered
3,335 Posts

Yeah, if anyone knows about crayons, that'd be Caleb. :p

(Just messin' with you.)

EDIT: I used yellow nail polish on my Glock (carry, i.e., hollow-point) magazines to visually differentiate them from other mags holding FMJ's.
Basically, you put a dot of nail polish over each number, let it dry completely, and use a razor blade to scrape the excess off.
What's left are perfect yellow numbers on a black magazine. Looks great.

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Anxiously awaiting the replacement trigger housing. Out for delivery!

Then it will be a sprint to the finish!

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
Shall I ask how you screwed up the original?

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Shall I ask how you screwed up the original?

Oh, I thought I posted about that. I was polishing the "shelf" as per MGB's recommendation.... applied too much pressure and melted / gouged the plastic. Whoops! :oops:

Font Door handle Wood Rectangle Metal

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
Ouch…. Yeah, that’ll do it.

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Ouch…. Yeah, that’ll do it.

Felt like a dunce when I did it. Ha!

Oh well... but, I can be proud of my channel!

Glasses Vision care Product Dress shirt Human

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
The channel does make up for the booboo, that’s for sure! I think if you show gun manufacturers that pic…..they will hire you in an instant!

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Not a happy camper. Got the whole thing together... by the book, and it's not working. Firing pin won't release on trigger pull. Trigger just bounces. Had to remove the slide backplate to get it apart.

Broke the whole thing down. Tweaked the connector... both ways.... no joy.

I'm ****ing disappointed. Very anti-climactic.

Trying to troubleshoot with some of the guys at the MGB forum.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Not a happy camper. Got the whole thing together... by the book, and it's not working. Firing pin won't release on trigger pull. Trigger just bounces. Had to remove the slide backplate to get it apart.

Broke the whole thing down. Tweaked the connector... both ways.... no joy.

I'm ****ing disappointed. Very anti-climactic.

Trying to troubleshoot with some of the guys at the MGB forum.
Out of pure respect, the Glock fanboy decides to keep his mouth shut. :)
But let's go shooting when you get it going!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Put the loops down. Make yourself a hot chocolate . Take it apart . And reassemble . Any be as simple as a spring arm in the wrong place. John

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Got the connector tweaked. Learned that the tweaks are quite subtle! So, trigger is firing and resetting consistently now. Hooray!

Now, I've got to get better sear engagement. Should be 75% or so. I'm getting maybe 50%.

Also ejection is inconsistent with snap caps.

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 · (Edited)
Nothing but frustration with my project today. Spent ALL day and most of the night ***king with it.

I've ordered OEM trigger housing and trigger bar. Paying a premium, of course. This ***king thing is going to drive me to drink!

I was REALLY hoping to shoot it this weekend. But, noooooooooooooooooooooo....

81 - 100 of 134 Posts