Florida Concealed Carry banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I carry a full size Sig 1911 Tac Ops IWB. Made my own Holstex holster. I weigh 194 and am 5'11" does not show under a extra large t shirt.

·
Banned
8,392 Posts
I did the 17 for awhile trying to get a good holster for my USP which IMO is full size

Appendix is the only way!!!

5"9 130 on a good day

·
Registered
642 Posts
My "shorts and t-shirt" carry is a Kahr CW9, but if weather permits jeans and a heavier shirt I have started carrying my G17 IWB. I believe both conceal well on my 6'1" 180# frame, but the G17 is uncomfortable to me under lighter clothes (I guess I'm still not 100% comfortable that it's hidden well enough).

I would have never considered the G17 when I first started to carry, never thought I could "pull it off", (actually thought guys that carried full size were a little crazy) but after I got really comfortable with the little Kahr, the G17 was easier to attempt. It does print more than the Kahr, but only to someone who is looking for it. The extra inch of barrel and sight radius, and an extra 10 rounds on board is a nice trade for the extra bulk.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Late to the party....haven't been on in awhile, but I'm going on 5 years with my crossbreed supertuck. The large surface area really makes it comfortable even with the love handles.... ;)

·
Super Moderator
29,473 Posts
Does a Glock 19 IWB count?
Sorry DennyBob, but it's been 7 years since post #84 that you replied to (e.g., it's a "necro-thread")!

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
lashing for not using the search feature.
lashing for using the search feature.
:)

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Does a Glock 19 IWB count?
I would consider it a full size. I didn’t and won’t read through the whole thread but, what is considered a “full size” gun? To me, it’s a gun that is not easily (to me) concealable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Okay, I'll contribute to the necro-thread.

I would define a "full-sized gun" as one that has a full grip for all fingers, a barrel long enough for good muzzle velocity and for good sight alignment (when that is necessary). I do not think it necessarily must have a double-stack magazine, but if it is not a "major" caliber then I certainly think that it should have. There are times when I can conceal a gun like that quite easily. There are times when I cannot. I would not consider its concealability a key factor in calling it "full-sized" or not.

(No offense, Caleb. Just a difference of opinion.)

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Necro-Thread!

Yep, carry a full sized gun all the time. Steyr M40-A1 in 357 Sig.

·
Super Moderator
29,473 Posts
One of my EDC rotation is a full size (5 in.) SA 1911 MARSOC , but most commonly these days is a M1911A1 CS (3.5 in. barrel) or one of my P229.

·
Registered
8,122 Posts
The two guns I carry 99% of the time are glock 21SF and government 1911 5", sometime they print a bit but I'm not worried it could be a I-phone.

·
Registered
6,207 Posts

I would define a "full-sized gun" as one that has a full grip for all fingers, a barrel long enough for good muzzle velocity and for good sight alignment (when that is necessary). I do not think it necessarily must have a double-stack magazine, but if it is not a "major" caliber then I certainly think that it should have. There are times when I can conceal a gun like that quite easily. There are times when I cannot. I would not consider its concealability a key factor in calling it "full-sized" or not.

I would agree with the bold. (y)

·
Registered
6,980 Posts

None taken. Your post makes sense in describing a full size pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
I carry a full sized pistol probably 98+% of the time. The smaller ones like an M&P9c, Shield or J-Frame are for my really bad “bad-back days.”

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Full sized M&P 2.0 in .45 in a Panther Concealed strong side otwb holster. Daily. 6’200lbs

Reactions: Rick McC.
81 - 97 of 97 Posts