Florida Concealed Carry banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,189 Posts
I got "made" today carrying my P938 in its Desantis Nemesis right front at work. Luckily he was pro 2A. Back to the drawing board.
Coming up in the elevator to work this morning, the guy who shared the ride had on a Sneaky Pete. I was going to say something when I noticed a badge flipped over on the inside. I couldn't tell if it was a real badge, a security badge, or a CWL badge. So I decided not to say something. He also had a SOD and a tactical flashlight in his pocket. He looked very tactical once I realized it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Coming up in the elevator to work this morning, the guy who shared the ride had on a Sneaky Pete. I was going to say something when I noticed a badge flipped over on the inside. I couldn't tell if it was a real badge, a security badge, or a CWL badge. So I decided not to say something. He also had a SOD and a tactical flashlight in his pocket. He looked very tactical once I realized it.
Can you explain what this is. Sounds pretty commie to me...

·
Super Moderator
6,189 Posts
Here's an example. http://www.ecrater.com/p/17528888/concealed-carry-badge-gold?gps=1&id=52211034499

The only reason I thought it might be a concealed carry badge was because this guy always dresses tactically, even though we work in a professional office building, he's in gray shirts, a gray hat pulled low over his eyes, and tactical boots. He works in a sales office, so I just figured it may be the badge, but I'm probably wrong. He's probably a security guard.

He just seemed very tacticool this morning. If it was a concealed carry badge, I didn't want to start a conversation because I would laugh at the badge.

·
Super Moderator
6,189 Posts
Maybe it was a ninja license....
That's why I decided not to call him on the sneaky pete. If he's a ninja, I don't want to die in my sleep for having noticed. :rofl

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I would think a security guard would OC? My P938 conceals pretty good but I get into some contorted positions at work. The Desantis is a good pocket holster but with work pants pulled tight to my leg, I don't know if you could read the serial number but, it's obvious. A Sneaky Pete would be even more obvious. Don't discount other peoples' knowledge of these things. They might carry but freak out if a contractor carries in their building. I've already dragged the thread off course enough. Back to reading. Carry on...

·
Registered
588 Posts
How did the person who "made" you raise the subject? If I might ask?
I think I hide pretty well, but maybe I'm not as good as I think I am.

I got "made" today carrying my P938 in its Desantis Nemesis right front at work. Luckily he was pro 2A. Back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
How did the person who "made" you raise the subject? If I might ask?
I think I hide pretty well, but maybe I'm not as good as I think I am.
He said "you're carrying your pistola with you"? I looked and he was looking at the jello mold of my Sig as I was climbing up on some equipment. At that point there was no denying it. I asked is it "that" obvious to which he replied yes. So we talked firearms and while he was ok with it, he said he leaves his in his truck while in the building. I took that to mean the building's residents might not be ok with it as would probably be an accurate assumption. I'm not ok with leaving a firearm in my vehicle so I need to reassess my carry method. Carrying in their building is not illegal but then again, neither is unemployment.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I see them at gun shows all the time.
I guess it's been a while since I've been to a gun show. Again, wow.......

Sorry for the thread creep... Back on topic....

I have carried FS guns (mainly 1911s, BHP and CZ75) and still do once in a while. as others have said, it's all about the holster. I am more comfortable with OWB when going FS, but for me, a hybrid IWB does a good job of hiding a larger gun comfortably (relatively).

I still find carrying a subcompact to be less "work", in that there is less concern about printing in various situations, and is more comfortable day in and day out. so I go that route most of the time. YMMV

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I guess it's been a while since I've been to a gun show. Again, wow.......

Sorry for the thread creep... Back on topic....

I have carried FS guns (mainly 1911s, BHP and CZ75) and still do once in a while. as others have said, it's all about the holster. I am more comfortable with OWB when going FS, but for me, a hybrid IWB does a good job of hiding a larger gun comfortably (relatively).

I still find carrying a subcompact to be less "work", in that there is less concern about printing in various situations, and is more comfortable day in and day out. so I go that route most of the time. YMMV
no worries, I was floored by this commie crap!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Well, I would think that in that situation, you still were concealed and only another cc or smarter than average person would know what was going on. I really wouldn't call that "made". I've caught myself reaching up at Sam's club and noticed the bottom of my kydex holster sticking out for a second or 2. I always try to stay concealed but not always possible. I still don't want to be the test dummy, but I think that would fall under statue:

790.06(1), and who is lawfully carrying a firearm in a concealed manner, to briefly and openly display the firearm to the ordinary sight of another person, unless the firearm is intentionally displayed in an angry or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense.

In any event, I carry on any legal property unless I was asked to leave, then I might reconsider my options as to what I would/could do at that time.

Thanks for giving me/us the situation so we all can stay safe(er) and re-evaluate our carry practices.:clap

He said "you're carrying your pistola with you"? I looked and he was looking at the jello mold of my Sig as I was climbing up on some equipment. At that point there was no denying it. I asked is it "that" obvious to which he replied yes. So we talked firearms and while he was ok with it, he said he leaves his in his truck while in the building. I took that to mean the building's residents might not be ok with it as would probably be an accurate assumption. I'm not ok with leaving a firearm in my vehicle so I need to reassess my carry method. Carrying in their building is not illegal but then again, neither is unemployment.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Well, I would think that in that situation, you still were concealed and only another cc or smarter than average person would know what was going on. I really wouldn't call that "made". I've caught myself reaching up at Sam's club and noticed the bottom of my kydex holster sticking out for a second or 2. I always try to stay concealed but not always possible. I still don't want to be the test dummy, but I think that would fall under statue:

790.06(1), and who is lawfully carrying a firearm in a concealed manner, to briefly and openly display the firearm to the ordinary sight of another person, unless the firearm is intentionally displayed in an angry or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense.

In any event, I carry on any legal property unless I was asked to leave, then I might reconsider my options as to what I would/could do at that time.

Thanks for giving me/us the situation so we all can stay safe(er) and re-evaluate or carry practices.:clap
I was perfectly legal. Not worried about that. But a call from the building's resident could have been sticky with our corporate office. Someone who didn't know I carry saw that I was carrying a firearm that was concealed. I was "made". I carried the P938 in my pocket again today. But I'll be looking into a holster or method that reduces the printing to the point of not being obvious.:thumsup

·
Registered
135 Posts
I try not to look to tacticool when carrying but I do love 5.11 shirts.

I usually wear a pair of Khakis with a untucked button up shirt. I guess those "in the know" can probably tell I am carrying, but I have walked by many a Deputy with out even a second glance.

As for the CCW badges...Bad idea, no matter the situation, I'm not a cop and I don't want to pretend I am one.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I dress like I always have, currently I have been wearing just Khaki cargo short and t-shirts and I have been having no problem concealling my LCP,Kahr PM9 and my Glock19. I have on order a Panther concealment IWB for my G19 so that should make concealing it even easier.

·
Banned
8,392 Posts
i prefer the sash :)

41 - 60 of 97 Posts