Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new pistol and was set on a g27 or m&p40c. I have been bitten by an FNS 40 and since then have been trying to compare it to the m&p40 and glock 23. I currently have a glock19 so holsters would be handled with the 23 as well as the familiars. I want something different than what I've got so that's where the FNS originated. But now my dilemma is carry; I have an LCP that can be carried anyway possible cause of its size but how is it to conceal a full size? Any of you guys do this IWB? I'm 5'9" and 185lbs so concealing it will be a bit more of an effort than some of you that are over 6'0. Any suggestions for me is appreciated as far as where you carry at (position)and what you carry in. Of the clock I mostly wear shorts and tshirts but can conceal my glock19 without any concerns.

·
Registered
8,749 Posts
I'm a big guy and do occasionally carry a FS 1911. I have noticed the skinnier guys have a easier time concealing FS firearms.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have the FNP9 & it's about the same size as the G19. I haven't handled the FNS but the pictures make it look the same size as the FNP.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You'll like the fns, I carry a glock 17 or the fns under a T shirt OWB all the time. No one notices with the right belt and holster.
What belt and holster are you using?
Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

for my Glock 19 I have a PHLster Kydex OWB and a Galco combat leather OWB

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I carried a full size 9mm IWB for about 4 years then went to a compact .45 (G30) and carry it OWB. Much more comfy and no more noticable.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a PJ Holster coming for my G19 but I think I may order a panther for my LCP cause I hate pocket carry even though I do it for the conveinience.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I am your height and weight. I carried a 250SC IWB in the past. This was the same size as my M&PC. I carry in a High Noon holster and use a 511 leather or nylon belt. I have carried a 228 this same way.

·
Banned
11,161 Posts
The main consideration with concealed carry is usually the height of the weapon. At 5.5", the FNS 40 falls into the same range as the 1911, the Sig P220 and the Browning Hi-Power. It is the same length as the GLOCK 19 and only .5" taller. Therefor, it should present no problem to conceal. I have carried both the 1911 and the P220 concealed. It is not difficult either OWB or IWB. A slightly baggy shirt is required for IWB and a baggy shirt is required for OWB.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I carry an XDm .40 s&w, 4.5 inch, full size pistol in a Crossbreed SuperTuck, right side appendix.

I'm 5'10", 180 lbs., and have a hard, flat stomach. I'd imagine it would be uncomfortable if I had a round belly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am also questioning carrying a full size, so I'll be reading these responses. I am 6'1" and 270 (trying to work down to 200), so I would like to see what my options are. If I carry full size, I can pass my Nano to the wife for her carry.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I carry this..RIA .45ACP full size 1911 in a Blackhawk #3 IWB with an untucked sport shirt or my vertical shoulder holster and a jacket. And at 5'6",145 you`d never know.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Glock 22, IWB, small of back. Looking forward to our class in Oct so I can get some pointers about a better carrying position in person as well as see how and with what holsters yall use. Used to have a G27 but just never felt right, too short of a grip.

·
Registered
54,225 Posts
Glock 22, IWB, small of back. Looking forward to our class in Oct so I can get some pointers about a better carrying position in person as well as see how and with what holsters yall use. Used to have a G27 but just never felt right, too short of a grip.
No SOB or cross draw carry in the course, strong side only in case you were planning on SOB on the line [ I don't have a problem with SOB, but there's too much liability on the line that someone gets muzzled and we know that would go over like a lead balloon. :thumsup

·
Registered
12,914 Posts
Best way to answer the question is to try it. It's an individual thing. Some may carry a 1911 comfortably and others of the same height and weight may feel like it's a boat anchor even with the best holster.

·
Super Moderator
5,980 Posts
I carried my M&P9 FS all day today in my Panther OWB holster. The funny thing is that I moved to a smaller gun because of my back. Even though the Panther has a smaller footprint than the holster I was using, I had no problems today.

·
Registered
588 Posts
5'6" 220 lbs carrying a FS 40 in a OWB panther concealment holster/Ridgid belt. Southpaw, about 7-8 o'clock position with no problems. Never move it, ideal for me if I'm walking, sitting or driving.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I carry a FS 1911 in a Panther IWB with no problems concealing under a tshirt. I am 5' 10" and weigh about 205 lbs. I can wear a Large tshirt but usually buy an x large and the same for other shirts.

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
I'm 5' 10" -175 and carry a glock 21at 4:00 in a leather IWB or OWB without any problems the OWB is more comfortable . I like the extra ammo and longer site radius of full size .

1 - 20 of 84 Posts