Florida Concealed Carry banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,103 Posts
My pistol is close at hand, not worn but carried from room to room, fire ext. in bedrooms, kitchen and garage. Your stash seemed overly complex, I would simplify

·
Registered
17 Posts
I expanded on this thought in another thread, but in short, you need to seriously simplify your self defense hardware. Pick one gun, one caliber and make that your primary defensive weapon. You want one if the office and one at home and one in your truck, etc, etc that's fine, but make it all the same gun. Once you've done this, then focus your training on that one gun, not trying to master five different platforms.

You've blurred the line between a hobby and a duty and it's detrimental to your ability to defend yourself. Keep it simple, stupid.

·
Registered
55,261 Posts
I lean towards the Glock too. As for the different platforms I switched among an M16, .45, M60, M79 and M16 with the M203 attached frequently and when it hit the fan I had no trouble in knowing which weapon I had and how to use it. I also competed with different operating systems, often in the same weekend with no trouble. Heck, at work I deal with different Computer operating systems all the time and have yet to get confused. I understand what you are saying but do not feel that if I grab a revolver instead of a Glock or Kahr instead of a revolver, it will be a problem. They are all point and shoot guns. Only the 1911 has a manual safety and I have been shooting them a long time and if I forget to take it off safe as I have done once or twice in combat and competition, it is quickly rectified. I do not spend much time worrying about extremely low probability situations where a second or two means life or death. If that is the case I am dead with or without a safety being moved. :)
I hope everybody pays attention to the bolded written first hand experience with manual safeties. I've mentioned this potential in dynamic SD responses with manual safeties several times here and have been admonished by those who use a weapons platform with a manual safety that it wouldn't happen to them.

Guess what, it has and does happen. Here with OldDog in the real world and in my courses of fire with enough mental pressure applied to react to a threat. Forethought goes a long way.

·
Registered
363 Posts
You have at least 5 different pistols with 5 different operating systems. And at any given time at least two of your weapons are unsecured in another room. Why not just pick one and carry it, and a flashlight and possible spare ammo, on your person as you go through your day? That would seem to be easier and more secure that your current set up. Just a thought.

This is sound advice!!
When at home, I carry. Solves several problems you might encounter if your SDW is laying on a table next to your bed. I'll carry any one of the 4 pistols I have as will my wife. I will OC my .357 when working around the yard.

·
Registered
122 Posts
There are things that I am afraid of but get on with my life as normal as possible. Courage is going on despite your fear rather than giving in to it. When I start carrying a gun to my bathroom, fear has won. Others may consider carrying a gun at all times when awake normal. I happen not to. No one is right or wrong.

What is interesting is that when I was in Nam we would not carry our weapons some of the time despiite being in more danger than any civilian is. You get to know what real danger is versus fear of it, something not everyone learns. I spent years battling problems from my combat experiences and still have to drug myself to sleep. Excuse me if I am not so eager to play soldier 24/7 anymore or feel unsafe in my retirement village because I have seen just how dangerous it can get and this is not even close.
I hear you and must say it's common sense, in a sense that works for you and I applaud you for your comment!

·
Super Moderator
29,889 Posts
🤣

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
On the positive side, it’s not a political thread…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 32 of 32 Posts