Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Browsing around for ammo online. MANY retailers are out of premium match grade 6.5-Creedmoor rifle ammo. I've never come across this before (not counting the post Sandy Hook feeding frenzy).

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
You shot it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
26,644 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,644 Posts
Browsing around for ammo online. MANY retailers are out of premium match grade 6.5-Creedmoor rifle ammo. I've never come across this before (not counting the post Sandy Hook feeding frenzy).
My guess is the popularity of the cartridge has exhausted much of the stock in retailers warehouses and the manufacturers are behind in keeping up with demand until post holiday production lines are up and running again. However, that's just a SWAG explanation! :dunno

·
Registered
2,359 Posts

·
Registered
10,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought 6.5 creedmmore was a dying cartridge. Everyone is now getting into 7.6 Creedmore.
http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2019/04/the-new-7-6-creedmoor-best-30-cal-cartridge-ever/

It’s even harder to find than 6.5 cm though:dunno
I figured you were joking. But, maybe not? 6.5 Creedmoor is hardly a dying caliber. It's huge. VERY popular. It fits the niche perfectly for precision target shooters.

On the precision shooting forums... if it was a "dying caliber," they'd be talking about it. Your post is the first such comment I've heard. If it was "dying," I'd be hearing about it on Snipers Hide.

I didn't click on the link, but I now see the comments that it was an April Fools joke. :)

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
It is winter..... Ammo manufacturers have shifted priority to the production of hunting calibers. You will see a glut of it hitting the shelves come late winter/early spring.

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
I'm just getting ready to start reloading 140g ELD rounds, I was crying over paying 17.50 per 100 for once fired federal brass. I guess I was looking at it wrong.

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
Midsouth shooters supply has factory 140 ELD 6.5CM factory match loads, and a fairly good slection of differnt weights, I buy alot of stuff from them great company. Good luck.

·
Registered
10,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I'm just getting ready to start reloading 140g ELD rounds, I was crying over paying 17.50 per 100 for once fired federal brass. I guess I was looking at it wrong.
I've got a BUNCH of once-fired Federal Gold Medal Match 6.5 brass. Just checked... should be about 885 cases, based on my inventory records. :grin I've saved all my 6.5 brass.

I've sold most of my Hornady brass. Sold ALL of my Alpha brass <-- premium stuff.

If you need more federal brass... :)

·
Registered
10,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Midsouth shooters supply has factory 140 ELD 6.5CM factory match loads, and a fairly good slection of differnt weights, I buy alot of stuff from them great company. Good luck.
I'll take a look. I haven't bought from Mid-South in quite a while. Their prices are usually higher. But, I'll take a look. Thanks. SG Ammo has some, too.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Check out Graf & Sons. There prices are pretty good, and if you have a C&R FFL, you get dealer pricing.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts

·
Registered
10,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, I was joking with this post. By the reactions, I guess it was a poor attempt.
I wasn't sure! LOL! Gotta put a "winky" in there. ;)

But, then when I saw the other posts mentioning that the link was an April Fools joke, I figured it out. I had not clicked the link.

·
Registered
10,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
All low end FMJ or hunting rounds. The match grade ammo is all gone!

According to Ammoseek, MidwayUSA is the ONLY one that has any Berger Match Hybrid Target ammo.... and it's $1.65 / rd BEFORE shipping!

Most places are out of Hornady ELD-M. The few that have it, charge astronomical shipping fees.

Something weird is going on.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts