Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well first off hello everyone, I'm new to the site and am looking forward to reading all I can. I'm finally going to do it! I'm going to get my ccw but I have a problem, I don't know where to go to take a class around my home in North Port (which is south of Tampa by about 85 miles)? So any of you all be able to help me? And any other info you may want to share is always welcome. Have a Happy New Year and thanks in advance for any help or info you can provide.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I took my class about a month ago

the conceal carry class i took was held at Rotunda West- American Legion building

instructor Gary Stasko
941-697-1885
class takes 3 - 4 hours

i thought it was a real good class

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Check you local gun shop. They may offer them and may make a deal for you on a weapon as well. If not, you can ask them to.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks for the tips and the number, I think I will go talk with the guys at the army navy store on us41 in port charlotte, seems they have good prices on there guns and maybe I can pick their brains. I'll also call Mr. Stasko.
Thanks guys.

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Welcome Poorboy. Good luck with the class.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
There is a gun shop and range in No. Sarasota.
Can't remember the name.

Check the yellow pages?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well just to update, I have a ccw class on Thursday the 15th with a Mr. Randy Howell in Tampa. He was recommended to me by a friend that took his course in Oct and after talking to him he seems to be very nice and inviting. Some of you may know him, I guess he sales gun safes and such for a local Tampa company and is at the Lakeland Gun show regularly. If anyone has experiences with Mr. Howell please share them. I was wondering if I should go out and get my passport photo and electronic fingerprints done before the class or wait till after the class? I also talked my wife into taking the class with me and she is very excited and I think both of us will have many questions. I'll keep everyone informed of my progress and give a complete report on the class that weekend.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Well just to update, I have a ccw class on Thursday the 15th with a Mr. Randy Howell in Tampa. He was recommended to me by a friend that took his course in Oct and after talking to him he seems to be very nice and inviting. Some of you may know him, I guess he sales gun safes and such for a local Tampa company and is at the Lakeland Gun show regularly. If anyone has experiences with Mr. Howell please share them. I was wondering if I should go out and get my passport photo and electronic fingerprints done before the class or wait till after the class? I also talked my wife into taking the class with me and she is very excited and I think both of us will have many questions. I'll keep everyone informed of my progress and give a complete report on the class that weekend.
Great! When i did mine they did photo and provided all paperwork

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I would get the electronic fingerprints done. You need to find a Sheriff's office that does them. You may need to call ahead to make an appointment. Most Sheriff office charge $5.00 for the service. Then you would need to pay for the processing online and print the receipt. The cost of submitting your fingerprints electronically via digital image is approximately $35.00. you can get a color passport photo from most Kinko FedEx stores. Check the links below

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/CWCS/ApplicantLivescan_ContactList_DOACS_110708.pdf

https://www3.fdle.state.fl.us/CAPS/

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
Sorry I didn't read this sooner. There's a great gun range at Knights Trail Park off Larel Rd in Nokomis. That's only 15-20 North of you. Pistol & Rifle range plus trap, skeet and sporting clays. If you still need instruction ask for Richard McCabe. He's very good!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts