Florida Concealed Carry banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Like that's going to gain him anything except a torrent of lead from the three other cops nearby? Go ahead and think it's okay if you want, but somewhere in that echo chamber of your... thinking there ought to be a molecule of prudence instead of a constant stream of radical constitutional narrowness.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Like that's going to gain him anything except a torrent of lead from the three other cops nearby? Go ahead and think it's okay if you want, but somewhere in that echo chamber of your... thinking there ought to be a molecule of prudence instead of a constant stream of radical constitutional narrowness.
High potential for circular reasoning on this one...
For example, if you're literally dying at the hand (um, well, "knee") of the cop, and you have means to shoot the person connected to said knee....
Seems like you're just trading knees for bullets. You're still dead. What's the difference?

·
Registered
4,639 Posts
A gun in his pocket? With his previous convictions?
Well sure. All convicted felons carry guns in their pockets just in case they get an overzealous cop kneeling on their throat and can’t breathe. They can then “legally” shoot the cop right? Naturally. 🤭

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
The question as I understood it was posed as Joe Citizen is observing a cop taking an action that Joe thinks is going to have lethal results... the cop is killing the guy, and the question was, is it (or not) "okay" to shoot at the cop. I presume by "okay" the questioner really meant justifiable.

As was made abundantly clear, trying to do that is going to get you shot at least, killed at most. So I suppose it would come down to the question of what are you willing to die for? For some guy you don't know being choked out? Maybe you.

It's going to be hard to press your defense in court if you're pushing up daisies. Something tells me the likelihood of second guessing police actions to the point of using deadly force isn't going to go well for you in court, on the off chance you did survive the encounter.

Then you shifted the question to what if it was a loved one being kneeled on? Well you have the same problems, you're going to get shot or killed and if you're lucky enough to survive you'll be in for a court fight you better win or you'll be pressing license plates the rest of your now thoroughly wounded life. Who's under the knee isn't going to matter.

Then the question shifted to what if it was Joe Citizen himself. I would answer it this way; if it is my life on the line and I want to live, then I don't give a fig about what the legalities are or what my chances are because it's die doing nothing or die trying to stay alive. That is always a unique situation completely different than when it's someone else's life at stake. That said, you still have the very same hurdles to overcome... getting shot/killed by the other three cops and if you live, a court battle you must win or live the rest of your days behind bars.

If I had to bet on it, my money would be on such a person in either of the three scenarios getting killed by police at the scene.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
You keep on changing the question around. Really. This is getting old, not to mention STUPID!

Once again, I have to wonder what it is that you think you are accomplishing with these postings of yours. Other than annoying pretty much everyone on this forum, and making a fool of yourself, of course.

·
Registered
4,639 Posts
The question as I understood it was posed as Joe Citizen is observing a cop taking an action that Joe thinks is going to have lethal results... the cop is killing the guy, and the question was, is it (or not) "okay" to shoot at the cop. I presume by "okay" the questioner really meant justifiable.

As was made abundantly clear, trying to do that is going to get you shot at least, killed at most. So I suppose it would come down to the question of what are you willing to die for? For some guy you don't know being choked out? Maybe you.

It's going to be hard to press your defense in court if you're pushing up daisies. Something tells me the likelihood of second guessing police actions to the point of using deadly force isn't going to go well for you in court, on the off chance you did survive the encounter.

Then you shifted the question to what if it was a loved one being kneeled on? Well you have the same problems, you're going to get shot or killed and if you're lucky enough to survive you'll be in for a court fight you better win or you'll be pressing license plates the rest of your now thoroughly wounded life. Who's under the knee isn't going to matter.

Then the question shifted to what if it was Joe Citizen himself. I would answer it this way; if it is my life on the line and I want to live, then I don't give a fig about what the legalities are or what my chances are because it's die doing nothing or die trying to stay alive. That is always a unique situation completely different than when it's someone else's life at stake. That said, you still have the very same hurdles to overcome... getting shot/killed by the other three cops and if you live, a court battle you must win or live the rest of your days behind bars.

If I had to bet on it, my money would be on such a person in either of the three scenarios getting killed by police at the scene.
As I’m bored I’ll continue to add to the silliness of the ever changing question as stated a few posts up. I totally agree with what OHEng stated in the quoted here and will just add to the bolded part.

It amazes me on one hand how some of us folks preach to not be “Gun-Centric“, think outside the box and use your brain to find whatever “improvised” weapon you have around you. I totally agree and as silly as it sounds one of the reasons I loved watching MacGyver every week originally. Just to see what he would come up with next even thought some things were clearly over the top and made for television only. It at least showed how he did always think outside the box...And then on the other hand, some of us folks always think of going to the firearm as their first and only option to solve a problem. I love the saying “if the only tool you carry in your toolbox is a hammer...then every problem will look like a nail to you.” Paraphrased, but so true. I recall a thread years ago on here where some member posted about the “legality“ of being able to shoot a domestic house cat that attacked him at night in his driveway! Like kicking him away wouldn’t solve the immediate problem... :rolleyes: Nope, it was ‘can we legally shoot it?’....Good grief! Or another post where someone posted about riding a motorcycle on the interstate at 70-80 mph when suddenly a semi in the next lane changed lanes into theirs not seeing him on the bike?...the question was could I “legally” shoot out the driver’s side mirror, putting a bullet though it, to “get his attention” that I’m in the lane he’s tuning into? As if that whole process would be somehow faster and way more effective then swerving/braking??? Unbelievable! It did make for a great laugh though.

So with that being said. Wouldn’t a prudent person realize that going to their firearm in a scenario like that against a uniformed police officer, with other - ‘his buddies’ standing near, be life ending for them and would not be the best option? I mean I for one am not getting involved for a total stranger that I came upon in this situation. If however it happened to be a true loved one and I felt they were truly going to die unless I did “something“ immediately to get the knee off the throat, I would still never consider drawing and firing on uniformed police knowing my most probable outcome for that course of action. I would however seriously consider “tackling” the officer off the loved one’s neck to immediately save their life with the knowledge it’s now “game on” on me, I’m going to get hurt now and be in a legal heap after but... well that would be clear in my mind and hope that I saved my loved one at least immediately and I’m now in for a serious world of hurt myself but perhaps both of us might still live thought this event...?

Sorry for the rant.

Just my .02 cents. YMMV.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
@OP: What if it's a sovereign citizen cop who insists he isn't kneeling on a neck, he's just temporarily pausing his perfectly legal traveling? 👹

61 - 75 of 75 Posts