Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw one today for $499!

I know there's a big demand, but sheesh!

What's the most you'd pay for one if you wanted it?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

·
213 Posts
Gotta like that Guardian 380.

·
Registered
55,261 Posts
I wouldn't own an lcp myself. Two recalls [ the first one on the first 6000 guns delivered ], the second on all of them for the drop/going off potential they needed to have changed.

My Kel-tec 32 serves the same purpose as the lcp, is as reliable and is less money. We sell the lcp's for 309.00 at the shop.

$499.00 for an lcp? NO WAY JOSE'

Brownie

·
Registered
563 Posts
Gotta like that Guardian 380.
I'd go with either the Guardian (comes in .25, .32. & .380) or the Kel-Tek. I picked up a new Guardian .380 for $359. As Brownie stated, Kel-Teks are less expensive. The NAA .380 is about the same size as the LCP.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Not a dime. I don't want one.
Funny, I've had .380's for over 40 years and carried them.
But, now you can get 9mm in a .380 package.

Guess I'm off .380's

AFS

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
IMO the LCP is somewhat over-rated and at $499 is totally overpriced...at this point I only carry a .380 ACP (in my case a Kel-Tec P3AT) as a BUG.

·
Super Moderator
6,151 Posts
I'm one of the newbies who did purchase the LCP. I paid about $350. After it jammed on me numerous times and then I broke the trigger I waited almost 5 or 6 weeks to get it back from Ruger. Normally it wouldn't have taken that long but the timing of my return and the LCP recall put me right in the middle of recall hades on Ruger's part.

Now that it has been returned from Ruger and I've taken it to the range one time I carry it daily. Mostly I carry it daily because it is the only gun I have besides my .38 that I didn't want as a personal carry gun.

If I was a gazillionaire I would buy a 9mm for my personal carry but every time I go out back and look at my trees they only grow leaves. Guess I'll have to wait in owning a 9mm for now.

Did I actually answer your question or did I accidentally launch into another lecture?

MamaBear

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
If I was a gazillionaire I would buy a 9mm for my personal carry but every time I go out back and look at my trees they only grow leaves.
:rolf I'm gonna use that on on my kids.
What you can do is sell the current one and make up the difference to get a 9mm when you can. I've done that with electronic items.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm one of the newbies who did purchase the LCP. I paid about $350. After it jammed on me numerous times and then I broke the trigger I waited almost 5 or 6 weeks to get it back from Ruger. Normally it wouldn't have taken that long but the timing of my return and the LCP recall put me right in the middle of recall hades on Ruger's part.

Now that it has been returned from Ruger and I've taken it to the range one time I carry it daily. Mostly I carry it daily because it is the only gun I have besides my .38 that I didn't want as a personal carry gun.
Mamabear, how many rounds have you been able to put through it since you got it back? You mentioned that it's only been to the range once. I understand about having only the one gun (I only have one carry gun), but after all those problems, I'd run a least a few hundred rounds through it before trusting it to daily duty.

·
Super Moderator
6,151 Posts
boomana,

I've put about 115 rounds through it with one visit to the range since I got it out of the shop. It did not present a problem but I have not had a chance to get back to the range.

In my mind I'm justifying that before all of this I didn't carry at all but at least I'm carrying *something*. It is probably irresponsible of me but that will just have to do for now. You have no idea how out of character it is for me to settle for such a compromise.

MamaBear

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
Hey, it still beats harsh language or a finger in the eye. Nyuk, nyuk :rolf

·
Super Moderator
6,151 Posts
Hey, it still beats harsh language or a finger in the eye. Nyuk, nyuk :rolf
It would take a lot for me to unleash improper words on someone. The closest I get is when I'm driving in Orlando traffic, but my little cherubs in the back seat keep me accountable in my choice of words. My verbal onslaughts have been kept at bay. :D

They not only remember everything they've also been known to repeat everything...usually out of context. My friends know to ask me about something that doesn't sound quite right. Sigh, kids.

MamaBear

·
Registered
46 Posts
Saw one today for $499!

I know there's a big demand, but sheesh!

What's the most you'd pay for one if you wanted it?
$499?!? Are they still going for that in some places? Hmmm, I may just have to sell my lightly used LCP (post recall) for say hmmmm.... $450? I'll even throw in the recall hat. :rolf

·
Registered
181 Posts
If the MSRP is $330.00 theres no way im paying $499.00.

I would do $300.00 But that would be it.

http://ruger.com/Firearms/FAProdRes...type=Pistol&bct=Yes&caliber=.380+Auto&x=8&y=3

The most I would pay is the MSRP of $330.00 although $300 would be ideal. :)

I would also make sure I have a gun with the new serial number, not only did Ruger recall for the firing pin error, but the pistol was ejecting cases with tares. This is all fixed with the newer manufactured firearms.

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
$499?!? Are they still going for that in some places? Hmmm, I may just have to sell my lightly used LCP (post recall) for say hmmmm.... $450? I'll even throw in the recall hat. :rolf
What a deal. :rolf

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would have paid 350

I knew the LCP had a recall, but I had no idea it was this bad.

I paid 350 otd for Kel Tec p-3at. I know I paid way too much, but they are super hard to find right now. I would have taken a Ruger over a Kel Tec at the time of purchase.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts