Florida Concealed Carry banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Walked to the store during lunch from High School. 22LR, 50 cents for 50 rounds. I remember the day that the guy told me he could not sell me ammo anymore. Something about a new law in 1968.

McDonald's...hamburger, fries, and a milk shake was 47 cents. I liked to watch the shift change. Everyone lined up outside and held their hands out at waist level. The manager would walk down the line looking for clean hands/nails and proper uniforms.

More recently cira 1978 Kmart sold bulk 22LR, 550 for 10 bucks. Late 80s I paid 139 dollars for white box 9mm delivered to the door. Late 90s I was paying 212 for 1000 .45s deliver to the door.

Today kids that work fast food, handle cash, scratch there hair, reach inside the cup and don't know what personal hygiene is a normal part of life.

The times, they do change.

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
2017 paid $$346 for 1000 rounds for Wolf .45 ACP delivered no tax now $$$$$$$ plus tax but free shipping. still have it unopened, along with 1000 PMC .357 MAG 158gr JSP u do not want to know how much that was.

·
Registered
6,939 Posts
See the attached "ammo pricing" list I've been accumulating. The first line are the prices as of 2016. Admittedly, it's only the rounds that interested me, but...The last line in the list is as of this past week (07/07/2021).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
In 2017 I was buying 9mm. range ammo for .16/round from Natchez/PSA

·
Registered
55,261 Posts
In 2006-2007, I was buying cases of 9mm for 162.00. [ 16.2 cents a round ]. Back in the 80's I was paying 120.00 a case or 12 cents a round. In that same era, I was paying 95 cents for 50 rds of 22lr [ just less than 2 cents per round ]

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
In 2017 I was buying 9mm. range ammo for .16/round from Natchez/PSA
Ditto.
That's pretty much my experience too.
I would guess 90%+ of the 9mm FMJ range ammo currently in my safe was acquired for ~$0.16 - $0.17 per round.
I have plenty, so no interest in the current prices.

However, on a whim, I recently bought a Glock 44, chambered in .22 LR
That's a new caliber for me, so I'll have to pony up some cash to get some, even at today's high prices.

What's the going rate for 22LR?
It's a Glock, so it will need to be one of the hotter rounds to cycle the slide reliably, or so I am told.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Midsouth shooters supply has some subsonic Agila 22's for 22 cents a round probably not what your looking for but it's in stock. Natchez has rem 22's in stock for a unbeleavable 45$ for 500. I was looking for ammo boxes and just checked about it, I'm good with 12k in my closet thanks to obummer.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Midsouth shooters supply has some subsonic Agila 22's for 22 cents a round probably not what your looking for but it's in stock. Natchez has rem 22's in stock for a unbeleavable 45$ for 500. I was looking for ammo boxes and just checked about it, I'm good with 12k in my closet thanks to obummer.
I had recently gone on Gunbroker to check things out price wise .. Wow ! .. A box [ brick ] of 500 was still going up with bids @ $75 .. ! So i checked the bidders list : Almost all had only purchased [ 3-7 ] prior buys ..

Now i know that I'm a newbie , But Damn , that is why the prices are staying where they are :unsure:

P.S. - A newbie on here , but certainly not after buying related for [ 55 ] + years . My Bro' in law in AZ . has over 40k in .22's .. Most bought over 30 years now or so . BTW .. He still will not part with Any, to His very generous B.I.L. : Me Lol 'G'

21 - 28 of 28 Posts