Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day my wife asked me, as I was getting dressed and putting on my holster and pistol, what's its name? Having just purchased it in May, an all black XD45C, and just last weekend received my CWP, I haven't quite come up with one that i like so I thought that i would pose the question to you all?

What names do you have for you firearms and why?

(If this has been already posted, please point in the right direction, thanks.)

· Registered
578 Posts
I don't name any of my weapons, I quess being around firearms almost fifty years has jaded me on such things.

· Registered
2,200 Posts
I only name the ammunition as it leaves the business end. :ak

· Registered
297 Posts
Well, I had named the .44 Big Bad Bubah.
Didn't name the others. Of course now I'm down to one. I name most of the rest of my stuff, cars, trucks, even my guitars.

· Registered
2,200 Posts
Well, I had named the .44 Big Bad Bubah.
Didn't name the others. Of course now I'm down to one. I name most of the rest of my stuff, cars, trucks, even my guitars.
We're happy you ended with only three other examples of your named stuff. I was wondering where this was going. :eek:

· Registered
58,568 Posts
Brownie,

You are no fun. I suppose you don't name your cars either?

:D
They all have names Mamabear-- Chevy Silverado and VW Jetta. Even the bike has a name, it's Kawasaki Nomad :rolf

If were to go naming the guns, it would be a nightmare, some are quintuplets or identical twins and such. To be honest, I might not be able to tell them apart :)

Brownie

· Registered
13,998 Posts
XDM................Insurance!:D

KelTec..............Reassurance!:dancingbanana

Various means of mass destruction........Secret!:ak

· Registered
58,568 Posts
XDM................Insurance!:D

KelTec..............Reassurance!:dancingbanana

Various means of mass destruction........Secret!:ak
Now those are certainly appropriate names :thumsup

Brownie

· Registered
1,776 Posts
I refer to them by the model or caliber except for one of my 1911's. I call it my Franken gun. It's my project gun.

But then I haven't named my vehicles, except for my '55 Ford (I call it my Rice Eater), nor have I named my guitars. I guess I just have no imagination...

· Registered
5,580 Posts
I call my EDC Roscoe. Don't have any real reason other than when my folks ask me if I'm packing, they usually ask if I have Roscoe. I work with a lot of LEOs and they typically refer to their weapons as Roscoe except for one female LEO that I know calls her pistol Kojack (sp?).

· Registered
118 Posts
My wife coined mine my Girlfriend since she spends more time with me than my wife does ... and I sleep with her too! :laughing So that's her name ... Girlfriend. We had to name our rifles in the Corps, why not my other weapons?

· Registered
58,568 Posts
My wife coined mine my Girlfriend since she spends more time with me than my wife does ... and I sleep with her too! :laughing So that's her name ... Girlfriend. We had to name our rifles in the Corps, why not my other weapons?
Not the Corps I was in :laughing

Brownie

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.