Florida Concealed Carry banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
I do a normal clean everytime I fire any of my guns - clean barrel and everything I can get without complete disasembly. I track how many rounds are fired in each gun in a small spiral note book in my range bag, every 500 rounds I do a complete deep clean and disasembly. The exception is everytime I fire an AR it gets the full treatment because it likes to run wet.
That's exactly my routine.

Reactions: MPDC66

·
Registered
7,472 Posts
I clean all mine after each use. Only takes 5 minutes or so so why not? They don’t get a white glove treatment either, just clean. They are, after all to me, tools. Tools to do a job just like my boxed end wrenches would be wiped down and cleaned before going back in the tool box for next time. Safe queens get more lube then EDCs.

Exceptions to the after each use is if I’m doing a multi day shoot for a long weekend. Then they get cleaned on the last day.

·
Registered
14,865 Posts
Surface clean weekly if I am not at the range. If I go to the range field strip and detail.

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
34 Posts
It's just something I learned from my father, an avid hunter, when I was a kid. Field strip and clean after every firing. Same in the Army. If I notice some build up in areas not accessible by field stripping I'll tear it down.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Every few boxes or so of ammo I'll clean & lube. Not often. Nothing excessive. They are Glock though. Spit & a rag gets it done.
My rifles don't get cleaned that often. Again, few hundred rds which may take a few months I'll clean & lube.

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
Depends. 1911's get cleaned. Shield is lucky if I wave a qtip at it
Same.
1911’s are showroom ready and lubed
Glocks get left under the doormat

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
After each use is also my routine. Usually shoot 100 rds each range trip with a .22 and 50 rds with a 9mm that I have owned for a while. New...mostly 150-200 the first time.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts