Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, this one took a while. Absolutely NO interest many years ago.

Just keep planting those seeds, y'all. They will grow.

She is in a different state so I was not there to help her pick out a gun. She got a Ruger LCP. :smack I've already planted the seed that she needs another gun. This time a 9m. She wanted something for self-defense and also home defense. I wasn't aware all of this was going down today so was unable to guide her in a better direction than a small gun that will bite when she uses it. It probably felt right in her hand. She is on the small side and probably was intimidated by a 9m, even the S&W Shield. Just wait, I'm pretty sure I'll have her talked into a 9m before too long. I'm going to let her fire this one a few times and then encourage her to use it for a back up. Time to start planting new seeds again. :grin

I'm already talking to her about mindset. She has already signed up for a gun safety class so that's a start.

Be patient with your lady friends. Just be patient.

~MamaBear, who reads here a lot more than she posts lately. I'm still here though in the background.

·
Super Moderator
26,049 Posts
Well done, MamaBear! :2thumsup

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
That’s awesome! After she shoots that little pistol a few times, I’m sure she will want something different. Well done MamaBear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
I’ve got a Sig P365 and find it to be pretty mild for its size, certainly lots better than the Ruger lcp I used to carry, and it holds 10+1. If she is going to upgrade to a 9mm, she should give it a look.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Mmmmmm, Mamabear (that's my Pig imitation :grin)

Well done MamaBear! I am sure that you didn't just plant seeds. There was bound to be nurturing too. Awesome results. :thumsup

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Great job Mamabear! +1 on the 365 also....SIL picked one up a couple months ago and loves it! Any ranges around you that rent guns?

·
Super Moderator
5,066 Posts
Funny, I carried a G17 for years, and upgraded to an G26... a few years later a G43... now an LCP. I must be emasculating as I age

·
Super Moderator
6,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You, emasculating Captain George? Never!

Although let me think about this for a minute. I started with an LCP a dozen years ago and have graduated to a G19. Hmmmm

·
Registered
375 Posts
Have her try a Ruger LC9S, it's on the smallish side, but it IS a 9mm, AND you can get extended magazines for it that give you up to 9 rounds for a decent 9+1 rounds total...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts