Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got to go to a wedding tomorrow in the Orlando/Altamonte area. I'm thinking about wearing my weapon at the wedding. I don't expect anything but have not missed a day of not wearing it since I got my permit. The wedding is not in a church so I don't think it would be "sacraligous" (sp?). Would you carry or leave it in the car? The wedding is at a local community club place.

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
10,558 Posts
I've got to go to a wedding tomorrow in the Orlando/Altamonte area. I'm thinking about wearing my weapon at the wedding. I don't expect anything but have not missed a day of not wearing it since I got my permit. The wedding is not in a church so I don't think it would be "sacraligous" (sp?). Would you carry or leave it in the car? The wedding is at a local community club place.

If the location is not listed by law as a place not legal to carry ... I carry.

With that being said, if you are going to carry, it is my advice that you forego the "adult beverages" at the wedding reception.

Since I carry most everywhere my wife and I go, she has acquired a permanent "designated driver". I am more than happy to drink tea or 'pop' in order to be safe and carry.:thumsup

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
If the wedding location isn't in a place not permitted by FL statute, and you have a decent tuckable holster and belt, carry.

Don't ask, don't tell.

-JT

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update:

The wedding was originally at a community center that got changed (last minute) to a church. I went thinking it was at the community center and when I got to the community center we were told it was going to be at a church. So, I went with the flow. Spoke to the bride's family, grooms family (my best friend) and hugged a number of people. I had a suit on with a jacket and no one even suspected. I drank Coca Cola at the reception thinking the champagne bottles were actually champagne. It turned out they had sparkling cider because the bride doesn't drink so, I was good to go. It's kind of funny now because everyone was so concerned why everything was off by an hour (it started an hour later) and the last minute changes, I laughed all the way from Altomonte Springs back to Pembroke Pines today. No one was the wiser, not even my wife. I think my son was the only person to know besides me because he asked if I had "Roscoe" with me and I just shook my head yes.

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
he asked if I had "Roscoe" with me and I just shook my head yes.
:rolf

Very good Red Dawg. That's the way it should be. I myself was at a backyard barbecue last night with my sons and coca cola was my beverage of choice. I met a friend that had taken the CC class but never sent in the application. He admitted it was a mistake not to send it right away and said he would tomorrow. He also told me that there were several people at the barbecue that were license holders and carrying, including an off duty LEO. We all talked and laughed into the night and I could not help thinking to myself how it would be bad for anyone who thought that this barbecue full of easy victims.

·
Super Moderator
5,538 Posts
wow sounds like the Dawg had a hell of a day lol should give him my number escaped to the gun show that would cooled him down :rolf:rolf:rolf

·
Registered
10,558 Posts
He also told me that there were several people at the barbecue that were license holders and carrying, including an off duty LEO.

... and I suppose you spent all night looking around and wondering .....

" ..... hmmmm, of all the guys here with their shirts untucked, I wonder who is actually concealed carrying and who is not ?!?! " :rolf

:thumsup

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wedding Carry

That's what I like about my Seecamp in a pocket holster it just disappers and you can still wear a shirt tucked in great gun for situations like that.

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
You should always carry at weddings...how often to you actually get to dress up like James Bond and carry a gun? :D

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
You should always carry at weddings...how often to you actually get to dress up like James Bond and carry a gun? :D
PRICELESS :rolf :rolf :rolf

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I guess it pays off no matter what. See below story:

Posted on Sun, Aug. 10, 2008
Man shot during Hialeah wedding reception
By NICOLE BARDO-COLON and CAROLYN GUNISS
An 18-year-old man was shot in the hand during a wedding reception Saturday evening in Amelia Earhart Park in Hialeah, police say.
The man was shot in the parking lot near Shelter No. 4, home to festivities of the Tommie Rogers wedding picnic.

The victim was involved in an argument with a group of men when he was shot, said Sgt. Robert Borgmann of Miami-Dade police.

''Everybody scattered, everybody started to look around and everybody started to run,'' said Sharon Lawrence, of Miami Gardens, who was a guest at the party.

She said when they heard the shots, people started running toward children who were playing around the picnic area.

She does not recall how many shots were fired.

''Bullets do not have eyes,'' Lawrence said.

The victim, who was not identified by police, was taken to Palmetto General Hospital in Hialeah and was expected to be released.

Miami-Dade police did not have a suspect Saturday and were trying to sort through conflicting stories.

Many guests said the men were not guests at the wedding reception at the park, 401 E. 65 St., Hialeah. Police believe they were.

''This is a party. Everybody here knows each other,'' Borgmann said.

The bride and groom, wearing turquoise, were seen leaving the park Saturday evening.

Police had cordoned off the parking lot where the shooting happened.

By about 7 p.m. the police tape had been taken down.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© 2008 Miami Herald Media Company.

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
If I had to attend a wedding reception at a public park in Hialeah, I wouldn't carry my pistol...I'd bring my M4. ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
As a Minister, I conducted many weddings. Once licensed, I always carried in or out of the church. There is nothing sacrilegious about carrying in a place of worship. Too much can go wrong in the world we live these days! Always armed, Never tell!!!! I am a property owner in Florida and have a Florida CCW license

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Minister wbjenks, welcome to the forum. Thanks for the message. :thumsup

1 - 20 of 21 Posts