Florida Concealed Carry banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

· Registered
309 Posts
The first thing I saw was the guy wearing short sleeves and shorts, must have been warm. The perp walks around the back of the car and he is wearing a hoodie with the hood up on his head. (red flag for me). I typically lock the doors on my way out of the car, gas station or other places. I try to think ahead. At least he ran away when he had the opportunity.

· Registered
5,324 Posts
Everyone seems to forget that nozzle pumping flammable liquid into their tank. In a pinch, pulling that nozzle and letting them know they will be dowsed if they come any closer should get their attention. If it doesn't, then "prepare to be boarded" because either they aren't "all there" or definitely have nefarious intent! :unsure:
"Prepared to be broiled", more like it. :)

· Registered
58,258 Posts
"Prepared to be broiled", more like it. :)
I don't want a conflagration at the pumps, puts oneself in danger as well.

Hence the preference to stand right there and pump away into the tank. A nozzle does you no good if you don't have it in your hand.

· Premium Member
7,250 Posts
I told this one time before but here it is for you who missed it.
Daytona, Nova Road at the Sunoco Station.
About 90/100 degree day. and two nice young Afro American men walking up the sidewalk with their winter hoodie "UP"
They left the sidewalk heading my way, I ask then what they wanted and they said directions, I said do not come any closer and reached in and got my Glock. I did not point it at them but made sure they seen it.
They headed back down to the sidewalk and hoods came down. I went in and told the Indian clerk and he told me that he don't even call the Police because they do not come, He said the Projects are just up the street and they will come into the store and take anything they want without paying and his boss knows it and told him to just do not do anything.
I just got in my car and left.
I'm sure somebody on this forum knows the Sunoco station I am talking about.
That was about 2012 0r 2013 and I have not stopped there again no matter how much I like Sunoco gas.
Ronnie

PS:
Things are only going to get worse the way our economy and revolving door justice system is our new way of life.

· Registered
2,158 Posts
Everyone seems to forget that nozzle pumping flammable liquid into their tank. In a pinch, pulling that nozzle and letting them know they will be dowsed if they come any closer should get their attention. If it doesn't, then "prepare to be boarded" because either they aren't "all there" or definitely have nefarious intent! :unsure:
New school nozzles need two hands to do that, making it hard to reach your lighter.

· Registered
44 Posts
I told this one time before but here it is for you who missed it.
Daytona, Nova Road at the Sunoco Station.
About 90/100 degree day. and two nice young Afro American men walking up the sidewalk with their winter hoodie "UP"
They left the sidewalk heading my way, I ask then what they wanted and they said directions, I said do not come any closer and reached in and got my Glock. I did not point it at them but made sure they seen it.
They headed back down to the sidewalk and hoods came down. I went in and told the Indian clerk and he told me that he don't even call the Police because they do not come, He said the Projects are just up the street and they will come into the store and take anything they want without paying and his boss knows it and told him to just do not do anything.
I just got in my car and left.
I'm sure somebody on this forum knows the Sunoco station I am talking about.
That was about 2012 0r 2013 and I have not stopped there again no matter how much I like Sunoco gas.
Ronnie

PS:
Things are only going to get worse the way our economy and revolving door justice system is our new way of life.
Good to know. I just moved to the same town you’re in a couple months ago. But coming from Chicagoland, I’ve been conditioned to keep my situational awareness on high alert.

· Registered
2,322 Posts
Not mentioned in OP but I detest those TV's at gas pumps.

I started carrying a 2nd gun in my weak hand front pocket a few years ago due to a beggar that was approaching in a parking lot and kept coming despite me shaking my head, No, NO and finally I'm shaking my head NO and saying NO when he turns away. I could not put my hand on the Glock I had IWB without revealing I was carrying and I decided I'd like that option in the future. If I see someone "shady" approaching I have the option put my hand on a PM9 without revealing I'm carrying (can't do that with the Glock IWB), handy in parking lots and gas pumps.
The sound can be turned off. Usually the 2nd or 3rd button next to the screen on your right

· Administrator
33,045 Posts
New school nozzles need two hands to do that, making it hard to reach your lighter.
Don't need a lighter. . . dowsing them in gasoline is enough for them to get the point that they're a crispy critter if they make the wrong move.

Reactions: brownie

· Registered
21,781 Posts

· Registered
21,781 Posts
Damn, man...I bought a great cast net from a hoodlum in a gas station once...was even willing to negotiate the price down...poor guy needed money for gas...I guess I don't have a problem carrying on a conversation...but it begins with a firm lesson on personal space...the only real interview I've ever been close to was on a trip once where a guy started a hardship story needing a few bucks to get back on his feet while a friend of his was working his way around my back about 25 feet away...I politely told him I was sorry for his situation and that I was going to walk away now...then told him to call off his pal or it wasn't going to be a pleasant night for any of us...smiled and bud me a good night and we parted company...I've been fortunate in gas stations as a firm look and please walk away always seem to be enough...

· Registered
1,394 Posts
It's a phone cam video of a security of a monitor. A handheld video of the video playing on a monitor. Watch closely, and you can see the edges of the monitor and the time stamp from the surveillance system.

You are absolutely right, I just scanned thru it, thanks for pointing it out :)
I do lock my vehicle when getting gas and put my back toward it for a full view.

Back in Oregon the attendants pumps the gas for you, so no problem there (so far)

· Registered
1,394 Posts
Don't need a lighter. . . dowsing them in gasoline is enough for them to get the point that they're a crispy critter if they make the wrong move.
Just announce that your first shot is a tracer....

· Registered
543 Posts
Not mentioned in OP but I detest those TV's at gas pumps.

I started carrying a 2nd gun in my weak hand front pocket a few years ago due to a beggar that was approaching in a parking lot and kept coming despite me shaking my head, No, NO and finally I'm shaking my head NO and saying NO when he turns away. I could not put my hand on the Glock I had IWB without revealing I was carrying and I decided I'd like that option in the future. If I see someone "shady" approaching I have the option put my hand on a PM9 without revealing I'm carrying (can't do that with the Glock IWB), handy in parking lots and gas pumps.
Why? Are you unable to resist standing there watching?

Another odd / curious statement. Why would staging your hand reveal what you are carrying?
"I detest those" =/= "I can't resist those"

All my shirts similar to this: loose fit, thin material, untucked, pattern:
Shoulder Blue White Textile Sleeve

Putting my hand on 2nd option in pocket is less conspicuous than on the Glock AIWB.

· Registered
17,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
"I detest those" =/= "I can't resist those"
I have no idea what this means.

Putting my hand on 2nd option in pocket is less conspicuous than on the Glock AIWB.
Ah, appendix carry. Well, there's another reason not to carry that way. I tried it once.... hated it.

Reactions: BeerHunter

· Registered
21,781 Posts

Ah, appendix carry. Well, there's another reason not to carry that way. I tried it once.... hated it.
me either on count one...

me also on count two...for the life of me i still cant figure out how one bends at the waist with a piece of steel in their crotch...

· Registered
16,131 Posts
me either on count one...

me also on count two...for the life of me i still cant figure out how one bends at the waist with a piece of steel in their crotch...
Ask Ron Jeremy...

· Registered
21,781 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: brownie

· Registered
543 Posts

=/= does not equal

"I detest smoking" =/= "I can't ignore it"
"I detest smoking"
does not equal "I can't ignore it".

I don't like, noise, infomericals, ads, tips ect... blaring at me from a screen while pumping gas.
I ignore it to the point of I never paid attention to how to turn it off or mute it.
Whoever thought of those gas pump TVs did not have situational awareness in mind.

Appendix carry allows me to carry a Glock 22 size pistol without printing under a thin shirt; even if seated on a stool and I had somebody looking to see if I was carrying they wouldn't.

AIWB is easier for me to access if/when seated (vehicle).
I think AIWB quicker.

I've carried strong side 3:00 IWB plenty and AIWB is preferred after having done both.
Caveat: I'm 6'1. A few years ago I got up to 219#🤢 and AIWB was not comfortable with excess, excess gut, strong side was preferred; I'm down to 203# and AIWB is okay. I'd like to be 200# or less but I also like beer & pizza so compromises are made.

· Registered
17,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I don't like, noise, infomericals, ads, tips ect... blaring at me from a screen while pumping gas.
I ignore it to the point of I never paid attention to how to turn it off or mute it.
Whoever thought of those gas pump TVs did not have situational awareness in mind.
I effectively don't even know it's (the little TV ad thing) there. It's invisible to me, because it's not in my realm of awareness. First, I'm not standing there while fueling. Like I said... I'm at the front or rear of my car. And, I'm paying attention to the people around me.

Appendix carry allows me to carry a Glock 22 size pistol without printing under a thin shirt; even if seated on a stool and I had somebody looking to see if I was carrying they wouldn't.

AIWB is easier for me to access if/when seated (vehicle).
I think AIWB quicker.
To me it's like shoving a 2X4 into the front of my pants. And when I sit, it presses into my junk. I do not have a belly. But I find it VERY uncomfortable... especially when seated. And that's not to mention the psychological issue of knowing there's a gun pointed at my happy place. I'd just as well have a holster that points the gun at my head. No thanks.

Reactions: bladenbullet
21 - 40 of 55 Posts