Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Administrator
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to send a raccoon to Garbage Can Heaven, and my P-22 just went "click"..... cycled it, and same thing..... Hunted up the ejected rounds and no firing pin marks! Reloaded same rounds in another gun.... bye-bye '****

The gun shot fine last range trip on Friday. I have not cleaned it yet, so no re-assembly issues. Can the Walther be so finicky that not cleaning it for 3 days would cause it to hang up?

Anyhow I am at work today, so no gun play... I'll strip it tomorrow, any of you Walther folks have suggestions on what to look for?

· Registered
57 Posts
Are you sure you had the safety in the proper position. It's kind of backwards on the P22's the lever is down in the safe position and up to fire. It's very easy to mix it up with them (I know from experience) and it would cause exactly what's happening. A click but no bang and no marks on the rounds.

· Administrator
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you sure you had the safety in the proper position. It's kind of backwards on the P22's the lever is down in the safe position and up to fire. It's very easy to mix it up with them (I know from experience) and it would cause exactly what's happening. A click but no bang and no marks on the rounds.
I'll check that tomorrow morning...... And feel very foolish if that's the answer!

I now know why I like Glocks!

· Registered
13,998 Posts
Sir, it is common knowledge that a Raccoon who survives one "click" has earned a reprieve and changing weapons to shoot him was illegal, IMHO!:rolf

· Registered
624 Posts
Sir, it is common knowledge that a Raccoon who survives one "click" has earned a reprieve and changing weapons to shoot him was illegal, IMHO!:rolf
+1 lmfao:clap

· Administrator
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I prefer to think of it as "Raccoon Darwinism"; any critter that willingly molests my garbage, and fails to run upon first sight of my angry : censored, deserves no mercy.

That said..... IF I was a goober and did actually have the safety on, not off, it is a great lesson in SD tactics..... Specifically CARRY A GLOCK!

· Registered
2,142 Posts
You know **** is really not bad slow-cooked with a vinegar based sauce (cuts the wild taste). Less greasy than possum too! **** dogs are high dollar and big business. There is even a "**** dog cemetery" in Tuscumbia, Alabama.

· Administrator
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I never said the **** was wasted.... they BBQ nicely too!

· Administrator
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With great shame and embarrassment, I must admit to being a victim of the backasswards safety on the P22.......

The gun shoots fine.... the operator was a goober!

· Registered
58,568 Posts
Had a customer come in the shop with a newly purchased P22 who said the gun wouldn't fire. Took it to the shoot tube and put 5 quick rounds through it. He was doing the same thing,

it happens, no big deal really. Just getting familiar with that weapon platform. Don't be so hard on yourself.

Brownie

· Registered
203 Posts
that seems like it could possibly lead to a bad situation. either not being able to squeeze off a round if needed because your natural reaction puts it on safe instead of fire, or i could possibly see an AD happening because of confusion.

· Administrator
5,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lilarmy2001 said:
that seems like it could possibly lead to a bad situation. either not being able to squeeze off a round if needed because your natural reaction puts it on safe instead of fire,
I for one don't plan on SD carry of the P22.....JUST FOR THAT REASON

If the threat level is low enough for a .22, I'll make it my NAA .22Magnum....
Otherwise

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.