Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came in today! :dancingbanana Blurry photo of me but a thing of beauty all of itself! This is the first one I've ever seen so I'm totally blown away that this one's mine! I also like the fact that it's signed by Charles Bronson...:thumsup

Bmup :drinks

·
Super Moderator
6,151 Posts
Congratulations Bmup!!

Your excitement comes through loud and clear through your post. Way to go!!

MamaBear

·
Super Moderator
5,538 Posts
Congratulations

Congrats!!!! you know now comes the walk through wallyworld.

Mamabear your number comin up soon!!!!!

·
Registered
55,261 Posts
Glad the wait is over, just so members understand----------

The AZ Dept of Public Service [ AZDPS ] issues the permits within two weeks out here after they receive your application.

The state of Fla needs to get more people to process the forms or get them to actually work. 88 days is 2.5 months, that is too long to wait for the state to process these.

Brownie

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congratulations Bmup!!

Your excitement comes through loud and clear through your post. Way to go!!

MamaBear
Mamabear, when your post comes in saying you got yours, I will be the first to be pumping a fist in the air whith a Big YeeHaa! in your honor. God Bless & I hope that happens real, REAL soon :drinks

Bmup

·
Super Moderator
6,151 Posts
Awwww. I wanted to make this post about you and your excitement over receiving your license. It's not about me.

For now it's all about YOU! Go celebrate by wearing your gun out somewhere.

MamaBear

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
Glad the wait is over, just so members understand----------

The AZ Dept of Public Service [ AZDPS ] issues the permits within two weeks out here after they receive your application.

The state of Fla needs to get more people to process the forms or get them to actually work. 88 days is 2.5 months, that is too long to wait for the state to process these.

Brownie
Florida has never, as a matter of policy, promised to process applications and issue licenses within any specific time frame, but 90 days has always been the defacto time frame in which you could expect to receive one. In recent years they have reduced that wait time considerably (3-6 weeks was typical), but there seems to have been a surge in applications as of late that is causing a backlog.

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
:clap Congrats Bmup. From now on that license should not leave your person unless your home. Always carry :thumsup.

·
Registered
55,261 Posts
deadeyedick,

3-6 weeks isn't bad. 90 days is taking way too long, they need to hire more people to process them if that's the case. No one should have to wait that long to be able to carry and protect themselves after they jumped through the hoops.

Hopefully they catch up with the influx on apps soon

Brownie

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
bmup,

Welcome the the pack of licensed sheep dogs. Congrats brother. :dancingbanana:dancingbanana:dancingbanana

·
653 Posts
I was in permitting in a Florida Agency for over 15 years. The permit/license time frames are called statutory clocks. The permitting times are found under Chapter 120.60. I don't think that CWFL can be obtained by default because of its nature. Essentially the agency has 30 days to review and decide if it needs additional information and 90 days to issue. Times are tolled (stopped) if more information is required. If the agency goes over the time frame in some instances you can obtain the license by default but I doubt a hearing officer will rule for a default for this type of license.

Charpter 120.60

(1) Upon receipt of an application for a license, an agency shall examine the application and, within 30 days after such receipt, notify the applicant of any apparent errors or omissions and request any additional information the agency is permitted by law to require. An agency shall not deny a license for failure to correct an error or omission or to supply additional information unless the agency timely notified the applicant within this 30-day period. An application shall be considered complete upon receipt of all requested information and correction of any error or omission for which the applicant was timely notified or when the time for such notification has expired. Every application for a license shall be approved or denied within 90 days after receipt of a completed application unless a shorter period of time for agency action is provided by law. The 90-day time period shall be tolled by the initiation of a proceeding under ss. 120.569 and 120.57. Any application for a license that is not approved or denied within the 90-day or shorter time period, within 15 days after conclusion of a public hearing held on the application, or within 45 days after a recommended order is submitted to the agency and the parties, whichever action and timeframe is latest and applicable, is considered approved unless the recommended order recommends that the agency deny the license. Subject to the satisfactory completion of an examination if required as a prerequisite to licensure, any license that is considered approved shall be issued and may include such reasonable conditions as are authorized by law. Any applicant for licensure seeking to claim licensure by default under this subsection shall notify the agency clerk of the licensing agency, in writing, of the intent to rely upon the default license provision of this subsection, and shall not take any action based upon the default license until after receipt of such notice by the agency clerk.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts