Florida Concealed Carry banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,184 Posts
But you can use your concealed license as proof of ID when voting. Ask me how I know that. Sheesh.

Was out with my neighbor for early voting and lunch when to my disgust I realized I left my driver's license, insurance card, and current concealed license at home in my dog walking pouch for my morning trail walk. I was multi-tasking and forgot to switch it over to my purse like I do every morning. I was riding with her so no problem. I had just renewed my weapon's license so my other concealed license was still in my purse because it hadn't expired yet. I flashed it to the woman sitting there and asked her if it would be ok as a valid ID. Yes, it would. Then I had to show my credit card that had my signature on it. It took all of five seconds to get through the lines. No, I was not disenfranchised because I had to show proof that it was me.

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
But you can use your concealed license as proof if ID when voting. Ask me how I know that. Sheesh.

Was out with my neighbor for early voting and lunch when to my disgust I realized I left my driver's license, insurance card, and current concealed license at home in my dog walking pouch for my morning trail walk. I was multi-tasking and forgot to switch it over to my purse like I do every morning. I was riding with her so no problem. I had just renewed my weapon's license so my other concealed license was still in my purse because it hadn't expired yet. I flashed it to the woman sitting there and asked her if it would be ok as a valid ID. Yes, it would. Then I had to show my credit card that had my signature on it. It took all of five seconds to get through the lines. No, I was not disenfranchised because I had to show proof that it was me.
I have all my IDs with me, but I do often refrain from showing my CWFL as ID proof, simply because I'm afraid I'd be SWATed by the liberals for showing it, even if I'm not even carrying. :(

·
Super Moderator
6,184 Posts
I have all my IDs with me, but I do often refrain from showing my CWFL as ID proof, simply because I'm afraid I'd be SWATed by the liberals for showing it, even if I'm not even carrying. :(
I thought that as well. Turns out the second time I had to show ID to get the actual ballot the guy was very neutral as all of them are, except there was noticeably brighter smile when I flashed him my CCL. For a nanosecond there was that knowing smile between us. It takes one to know one. :)

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
I thought that as well. Turns out the second time I had to show ID to get the actual ballot the guy was very neutral as all of them are, except there was noticeably brighter smile when I flashed him my CCL. For a nanosecond there was that knowing smile between us. It takes one to know one. :)
Indeed it does.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
That could have just as easily gone the other way.

·
Registered
57,660 Posts
Well, it';s official! The GOP has at least 218 congress critters and has taken over the House.

Let the games begin!!!
I see it still at 217. Where is it reported it's 218?

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
I'm not sure why they haven't called CA-27 house seat yet. R is up by 8.3% with 70% of the vote tallied, 54.16% to 45.84%. There are only 67,601 votes left, and to win the D has to get 40,368 of them (60%) against an incumbent R. Not very likely.

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER
21 - 39 of 39 Posts