Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:ak:ak

Well, the time is finally here! VCGHC would like to invite all of you to our 6th month(in business) car shootout. As most of you know, we have had the pleasure to use this donated vehicle(see attachment) from M&K Auto Parts(Orange City,Fl. Member/Sponsor) as a training aid/prop for our matches and our club members alike, to use and to provide a more realistic training aid for vehicle type scenarios.
This club fundraiser will be our first ever "Car Shootout". All monies will be used to help replenish the club account for the opening of our rifle range and provide a replacement car. We now have a permanent rifle shooting area that covers distances from 100m through 368m. I fell a little short of our original goal of 500 yards, but I have since negotiated with Stan Smith to allow select members, who have the equipment and skills necessary to engage targets effectively and safely to a maximum distance of 1000 yards!!!! Yes, you read this correctly, 1000 yards. I have marked out areas by laser range finders the following distances that we will be allowed to engage: 500 yards, 700 yards, 800 yards and 1000 yards. (for those individuals who think they have the skills necessary to engage a target at these distances, please leave me an email or voice mail and I will speak to you on an individual basis)
Having said all of that, here is the information on the "car shootout".

Why?: Because We Can!!!!!!
When: June 5th & June 6th (Saturday/Sunday)
Where: VCGHC 4645 SR44, New Smyrna Beach, Fl.
Cost: Tickets will be sold for $1 per shot(must have a ticket to
shoot at the car)

All members and their quests are invited to shoot at the car as many times as your wallet allows. The car will be positioned at the 300 meter berm. You may shoot at the car from any distance you want out to 300 meters; but no closer than 50 yards (for safety) You may shoot at the car with any caliber up to a .50cal.(NO 20mm "Darren") you can shoot at any part of the vehicle you want; nothing is flammable!
I will start taking orders for tickets as soon as you read this e-mail. If you tell me you want x# of tickets; I will hold you to your word. My goal is to generate at least $5k; that's only 5,000 rounds, and we all know that goes pretty quick.

Please, RSVP me asap and give me an idea of how many rounds you be shooting.

Thank you,

Sean Beery
Director
VCGHC
386-717-1394
386-774-6729 fax

Attachments

·
Registered
3,807 Posts

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Got a real eye opener as to what bullets can do to a car from Standby. It slices through the metal like butter. The only "safe" place to be is behind the engine block. This car shootout sounds like fun :thumsup

·
Super Moderator
6,094 Posts
My daughter's dance recital is this weekend so MamaBear will miss this shootfest.

Y'all have fun!! I've never shot a car before. Someone needs to blast some holes in it on my behalf.

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
My daughter's dance recital is this weekend so MamaBear will miss this shootfest.

Y'all have fun!! I've never shot a car before. Someone needs to blast some holes in it on my behalf.
I shot a hole in the floorboard of my buddy's car once. Does that count?

I'm not interested in shooting the car but I would love to see the range. Unfortunately I have a prior commitment. You guy have fun. Darren too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts