Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Yep. I think most of us go through a similar evolution. Self-conscious at first.

It's now been so long for me... 29 years, I think, that I've had a license to carry. I started with a pocket-carried (in a holster!) Colt Pony Pocketlite. It was inconspicuous, so it was a great way to transition into concealed carry. Nowadays, it's either a G27 or a S&W 642.

It's quite routine. I carry 100% of the time. Every day. It's as routine, with a similar purpose, as putting on my seat belt every time I get into the car. I hardly think about it.

I can hardly imagine why I would go out UNarmed, in the same way I can't imagine driving my car without wearing the seat belt.

·
Registered
8,558 Posts
It's spot on now after almost 20 years I forget I'm carrying. I had to take my mom to the hospital put my 1911 S&W in the glove box but forgot my spare mags, flashlite and Benchmade when he wanded my mags you would have thought I was a serial killer the way the guard and nurses acted no gun. so after all that BS he decided he did not want to do the paperwork for a lock box and let me put my evil flashlite and mags back in the truck but I could keep the knife or he was tired of F-ing with me.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
It's spot on now after almost 20 years I forget I'm carrying. I had to take my mom to the hospital put my 1911 S&W in the glove box but forgot my spare mags, flashlite and Benchmade when he wanded my mags you would have thought I was a serial killer the way the guard and nurses acted no gun. so after all that BS he decided he did not want to do the paperwork for a lock box and let me put my evil flashlite and mags back in the truck but I could keep the knife or he was tired of F-ing with me.
Yep... a couple of months ago, I took my daughter to get her drivers license. They moved that operation to the courthouse in Palm Beach Gardens. So, no guns. I left my gun in the car. But, then as I approached the metal detector line, I realized I had my spare mag in my pocket. Whoops!

I told my daughter I had to go back to the car and turned around. The cop said, "Sir! You have to come this way to get inside!" I looked back and said, "Trust me. I have to go back to my car."

When I returned, I explained that I had something I could not take through the security point. He just smiled.

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep... a couple of months ago, I took my daughter to get her drivers license. They moved that operation to the courthouse in Palm Beach Gardens. So, no guns. I left my gun in the car. But, then as I approached the metal detector line, I realized I had my spare mag in my pocket. Whoops!

I told my daughter I had to go back to the car and turned around. The cop said, "Sir! You have to come this way to get inside!" I looked back and said, "Trust me. I have to go back to my car."

When I returned, I explained that I had something I could not take through the security point. He just smiled.
Thanks. Doing lots of training. I am also looking into starting IDPA at my local range in Palm Bay, Florida.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts