OMG.
I am now terrified to drive my car.
Ronnie 😁 👍
Much respect for the old GEEZER from this old GEEZER

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
To quote Mr. Heinlein:

"Well, in the first place an armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. For me, politeness is a sine qua non of civilization. That’s a personal evaluation only. But gun-fighting has a strong biological use. We do not have enough things that kill off the weak and the stupid these days. But to stay alive as an armed citizen a man has to be either quick with his wits or with his hands, preferably both. It’s a good thing. "

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
Again predudice....... If the headline said JEW attacks.......or Veteran attacks,what would we say; Bias against those groups.
Ronnie,how about Trumper attacks elderly???? Biased also.
Using the adjective makes it bigoted.
I know,YOU WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Again predudice....... If the headline said JEW attacks.......or Veteran attacks,what would we say; Bias against those groups.
What I'll NEVER UNDERSTAND is how anyone could support a party that would have an elderly man limited to his fists when attacked by someone twice his size and half his age. You go on and on about some minor perceived "bigotry" yet you overlook the pure HATRED of a party that actively works to make sure people like this old man can't defend themselves and have to become victims.

Another thing, as a Trump supporter I CERTAINLY understand how it is to be lied about in the press and social media. I still run into people who believe that Trump is a racist, has ties to the KKK or any number of other flat out lies.

·
Super Moderator
30,402 Posts
Bullschiznit and I would say stop being an asshat, that's like asking a tree not to blow in the wind! Keep it up and you get to enjoy a vacation. SCROOM! :mad:

·
Registered
920 Posts
Fish, please release yourself of that ball & chain around your leg that you keep dragging around into every conversation here.
It not only gets old, but it makes you look like a real d*** head. Everyone here knows that you're not stupid or ignorant, so please get with the program.
Honestly, you might enjoy life a lot more when you break free from it.... :)

·
Super Moderator
89 Posts
You know, the guy didn’t look that old to me. I’m beginning to dislike the word “elderly” more and more every day.
You and me both, brother.

It's kind of like the really old guy that looks at me from the mirror every morning. I don't know who he is or what he wants, but I don't like him hanging out on the other side of the mirror. It creeps me out.

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
Fish, please release yourself of that ball & chain around your leg that you keep dragging around into every conversation here.
It not only gets old, but it makes you look like a real d*** head. Everyone here knows that you're not stupid or ignorant, so please get with the program.
Sir "THE BALL&CHAIN" IS AROUND YOUR LEG. As long as people use uneeded adjectives (black,immigrant.muslim,etc) in headlines,The bias shows clearly.
Here's an example; My kids are adopted. I have seen headlines that read "Adopted son of (famous person) arrested for burglary or adopted son starts charity. Including the word "adopted" makes it seem as if that had something to do with what the son did. IT DID NOT.

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
You and me both, brother.

It's kind of like the really old guy that looks at me from the mirror every morning. I don't know who he is or what he wants, but I don't like him hanging out on the other side of the mirror. It creeps me out.
He's in my mirror too but he looks like me!!!!!😬

• Haha
Reactions: Old Gnome

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Hmmmm.... the article is from a source that is... well.... an "alternative" news site. So, credibility is already sketchy.

Clearly, the video shows an altercation between the two men. Can we assume and call them "men???" Or should we ask them their "preferred pronoun?" Shall I call it an altercation between two "life beings?"

Sorry... back to the story. Oddly, the younger dude appeared to be attempting to slam the door CLOSED on the old man.

In any case. As to the headline and mention of the perp's "immigrant" status. Is it necessary to bring that up? Maybe, maybe not. Is it relevant? Maybe. Maybe not.

First.... IS he an "illegal immigrant" or one of the millions of immigrants being granted "refuge" without being vetted or going through the normal immigration process?? We don't know.

The article said: The elderly man was defending from the younger man who according to witnesses was an illegal immigrant because he wanted to avoid the police because of his immigrant status.

Never minding the awkward syntax of that sentence (and overall amateurish writing of the article), the "evidence" of his immigration status is at best SPECULATIVE and not based in any sort of fact or actual evidence. Witnesses said he's an illegal immigrant? THAT'S what you're going on for the title and content of your article?

Next... If he IS an illegal or one of the recent "semi-legal" immigrants, is it relevant to the story (other than a possible expression of bigotry)?? Maybe. If a preponderance of the recent increase in crime is committed by a group of people that HAPPEN to be LARGELY immigrants, then I'd say it's relevant. It's relevant in the context of the decision / policy to basically open the border floodgates. It's an argument against that policy and therefore relevant.

To ignore the CAUSE of a big increase in violent crime out of a misguided desire to APPEAR "enlightened" and "woke" is a crime in and of itself. It's aiding and abetting, as far as I'm concerned. It's not wrong to recognize patterns in crime that happen to involve a certain DEMOGRAPHIC. In fact, it's quite RIGHT. It's smart.

The Israelis profile the s**t out of international travelers entering their country. Profiling can be VERY effective.

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
Hmmmm.... the article is from a source that is... well.... an "alternative" news site. So, credibility is already sketchy.

Clearly, the video shows an altercation between the two men. Can we assume and call them "men???" Or should we ask them their "preferred pronoun?" Shall I call it an altercation between two "life beings?"

Sorry... back to the story. Oddly, the younger dude appeared to be attempting to slam the door CLOSED on the old man.

In any case. As to the headline and mention of the perp's "immigrant" status. Is it necessary to bring that up? Maybe, maybe not. Is it relevant? Maybe. Maybe not.

First.... IS he an "illegal immigrant" or one of the millions of immigrants being granted "refuge" without being vetted or going through the normal immigration process?? We don't know.

The article said: The elderly man was defending from the younger man who according to witnesses was an illegal immigrant because he wanted to avoid the police because of his immigrant status.

Never minding the awkward syntax of that sentence (and overall amateurish writing of the article), the "evidence" of his immigration status is at best SPECULATIVE and not based in any sort of fact or actual evidence. Witnesses said he's an illegal immigrant? THAT'S what you're going on for the title and content of your article?

Next... If he IS an illegal or one of the recent "semi-legal" immigrants, is it relevant to the story (other than a possible expression of bigotry)?? Maybe. If a preponderance of the recent increase in crime is committed by a group of people that HAPPEN to be LARGELY immigrants, then I'd say it's relevant. It's relevant in the context of the decision / policy to basically open the border floodgates. It's an argument against that policy and therefore relevant.

To ignore the CAUSE of a big increase in violent crime out of a misguided desire to APPEAR "enlightened" and "woke" is a crime in and of itself. It's aiding and abetting, as far as I'm concerned. It's not wrong to recognize patterns in crime that happen to involve a certain DEMOGRAPHIC. In fact, it's quite RIGHT. It's smart.

The Israelis profile the s**t out of international travelers entering their country. Profiling can be VERY effective.
Nice to see some really intelligent/sarcastic writing Racer,even though I don't agree with all you said.

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
Fish is always seeming to call me a racist.
I am really not but if I was, Who the hell really cares? This is America and people are free to not like a person of color, A India Indian,. A Native American or any other nationality.
There is really no law against not liking anybody.
There are laws against smearing, doing violence, being aggressive to, False accusations, harising, and things like these and more to protect society.
Mister Fish seems to be a smear mongering bigot and just does a lot of pooping out of his mouth to cause turmoil and get everybody in a tizzy.
He sure does not bother me because I have smacked a lot of agitating BULLY's in my short 78 year life.Most or should I say all of them are just like Mister Fish.
Ronnie

·
Registered
17,014 Posts
Guess I’m the only one who thinks this whole video was staged.
Where’s the beginning or even the middle? Why’s the guy laughing at his buddy whom we are to believe almost got shot?
Whole thing is fake.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Sir "THE BALL&CHAIN" IS AROUND YOUR LEG. As long as people use uneeded adjectives (black,immigrant.muslim,etc) in headlines,The bias shows clearly.
Here's an example; My kids are adopted. I have seen headlines that read "Adopted son of (famous person) arrested for burglary or adopted son starts charity. Including the word "adopted" makes it seem as if that had something to do with what the son did. IT DID NOT.
I actually agree with Fish on this one.
But consider the source; The URL alone, not to mention all the Trump hat advertising, pretty much tells you this is likely to a pretty biased / opinionated place to get "news".
But all in all, I don't see where the attacker's alleged but unproven "immigrant" status really adds that much to the story.

Pops had a firearm and that leveled the playing field against a much younger adversary.
Good going Pops!!

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
I actually agree with Fish on this one.
But consider the source; The URL alone, not to mention all the Trump hat advertising, pretty much tells you this is likely to a pretty biased / opinionated place to get "news".
But all in all, I don't see where the attacker's alleged but unproven "immigrant" status really adds that much to the story.

Pops had a firearm and that leveled the playing field against a much younger adversary.
Good going Pops!!
THX
The important part is above.

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
Well; “crazy as an outhouse rat” comes to mind…

·
Registered
9,064 Posts
[/QUOT
Bullschiznit and I would say stop being an asshat, that's like asking a tree not to blow in the wind! Keep it up and you get to enjoy a vacation. SCROOM! :mad:
Please, please do.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts