Florida Concealed Carry banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
You must mean a "Chief Master Sergeant" since there's no "Sergeant Major" rank in the USAF. :grin
Hey, I was in the US Army. What I know about USAF enlisted ranks comes from TV and Movies and darn few of those.
Geoff
Who has been around awhile.

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Geoff

I’m with ya. Army and USMC pretty easy for me. The other branches have remained an inexplicable mystery.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hey, I was in the US Army. What I know about USAF enlisted ranks comes from TV and Movies and darn few of those.
Geoff
Who has been around awhile.
I should have said, E-9
Geoff
Who remembers when inter-service communications required rank abbreviation and then Level. i.e. 1LT (O-2), my rank was E-6.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
I hit Walmart for critical supplies and was rewarded. I stopped by the gun counter, a little early for gun sales. Not much left in the case except an O/U shotgun a single barrel .410 and a couple of heavy bolt rifles.

They still had a good selection of .22s not much shotshells.

On the .22 front: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w4Z5azEPWk

Geoff
Who would not feel naked with his 10/22 and a full 25 round magazine of yellow jackets.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The other shoe, or Part 2.

Geoff
Who notes Ohio considered the magazine as a loaded gun, UNTIL RECENTLY, check the law.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Thanks Pete, don’t mention NRA Instructors as a source for information. Hope you enjoyed your position as a director.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Brownells is beginning a basic series. Starting with:
We will see how it develops. Geoff Who is interested enough to subscribe.

·
Registered
54,674 Posts
I'm someone who learned all he knows about guns and self defense just watching video. ;)

The knife defense videos were particularly useful, thank goodness for video's or my knowledge base would be zip/nada 😨

·
Super Moderator
27,763 Posts
I'm someone who learned all he knows about guns and self defense just watching video. ;)

The knife defense videos were particularly useful, thank goodness for video's or my knowledge base would be zip/nada 😨
🤣

·
Registered
390 Posts
Family members, Husband and wife wanted to take new gun owners class at Basics Gun and Range. They supply gun and ammo. for price of class.
They have been advised that they do not have ammo. they are out and cannot get into class until they receive ammo. They gave a date when they expected to receive a shipment of ammo.
They had expected ammo. yesterday. The class was set for Sunday. They got an email yesterday that they did not receive their expected ammo. The email advised that they will be contacted when they get ammo. Dates unknown.
They now just want to go buy a gun. They want me to go.
I can give them some basics but I just am not a good teacher. Don't have the patience to go into detail explaining things to people. Just ask my wife.
I had her take the same kind of class.

·
Super Moderator
27,763 Posts
Family members, Husband and wife wanted to take new gun owners class at Basics Gun and Range. They supply gun and ammo. for price of class.
They have been advised that they do not have ammo. they are out and cannot get into class until they receive ammo. They gave a date when they expected to receive a shipment of ammo.
They had expected ammo. yesterday. The class was set for Sunday. They got an email yesterday that they did not receive their expected ammo. The email advised that they will be contacted when they get ammo. Dates unknown.
They now just want to go buy a gun. They want me to go.
I can give them some basics but I just am not a good teacher. Don't have the patience to go into detail explaining things to people. Just ask my wife.
I had her take the same kind of class.

Since you're in St. Augustine, I'll make the same suggestion as I did for Anduril's brother the other day: Have them take a ride up to On Target Sports in Orange Park. Might be a risk since calling ahead doesn't seem to work right now, but I'm certain they are open. Great service and is run by FCC member and Super Moderator "rvrctyrngr" (Scott W), who hasn't posted here in a while because he is also on the board of and so busy behind the scenes at FloridaCarry.org. Not sure what their ammo inventory is like right now, but I often drop in to say hello to Scott on business trips to Jacksonville (last time was September last year) and the range is always busy (pew, pew, pew) and the walls and counters are usually full of just about anything one is looking for. If they give it a shot, have them ask for Scott and tell him "BeerHunter" sent them his way. Good luck! :cool:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Brownell's has been doing Daily Defense presentations:
Brownell's is a very good source.
Geoff
Who buys from them.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts