Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my new Versacarry holster for my Taurus PT1911 yesterday. It arrived completely flat and I was concerned about the break-in period. But today, it fits my weapon like a glove. I haven't worn it yet, but I plan on trying it out tomorrow (I had to work today).

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
I hope that works for you, I would be worried about it showing when you reach for something on the top shelf when shopping. I get extra long T-shirts and polo's from Deluth trading. If you have that problem take a look at the Hybrd-saddle holster at Andrews custom leather, it rides high with a spring steel insert to keep it tight to your body. Good luck

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I don't worry so much about printing as comfort and ease of draw are more of a concern. I also have a "We the people" brand holster for it, but it's IWB and they tend to be uncomfortable for my girth.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
I received my new Versacarry holster for my Taurus PT1911 yesterday. It arrived completely flat and I was concerned about the break-in period. But today, it fits my weapon like a glove. I haven't worn it yet, but I plan on trying it out tomorrow (I had to work today).
View attachment 70595
Hi Deptydog .. This is different and kinda neat . A quick question is there another belt loop , like on the left side ?.. I just read above it's for Owb .. As I have made a few just wondering . I had the PT 99 model very similar .. I'm not trying to be a smart [email protected]# believe me , just my inquisitive nature and a former holster maker .

I can see it may have been delivered flat and then a fine fit ! Thank You (y) Welcome to the site and the world of carry .. Nice Gun By The way ! ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Deptydog .. This is different and kinda neat . A quick question is there another belt loop , like on the left side ?.. Is it for Iwb or Owb .. As I have made a few just wondering . I had the PT 99 model very similar .. I'm not trying to be a smart [email protected]# believe me , just my inquisitive nature and a former holster maker .

I can see it may have been delivered flat and then a fine fit ! Thank You (y)
Welcome to the site and the world of carry .. Nice Gun By The way ! ;)
There is a leather belt loop sewn onto the back of the magazine pouch.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
There is a leather belt loop sewn onto the back of the magazine pouch.
Ok then , thank you very much for that information ! I'm constantly thinking of many different ways to configure them. Also a few different ways to try and accommodate various handguns & carry to my liking. Appreciate it 'Gunner'

·
Super Moderator
29,109 Posts
Hope it works for you. Usually these type of holsters with the mag pouch integrated are worn about around 12:30-1:00 (Appendix Carry) to facilitate mag changes but that wouldn't work for me, especially with a full size 1911 and I don't Appendix Carry. :unsure:

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Registered
20,663 Posts
i own one for a g19 and use it on and off with several others depending on my mood and dress...i wear it at 2:30-3:00 and find it very comfortable...the draw is easy and reholstering isnt any more problem than most leather holsters...it only requires angling the muzzle slightly inward to open the holster...then the gun slides right in...

the spare mag is located in front of the firearm making it an easy reach for my left hand for reloads...the holster hides well...

brief exposure is legal and i have found after some instances where i have had complete exposure without immediate knowledge that most people dont even notice a gun on your waistband...in one instance after maneuvering some items around on a high shelf in a busy walmart i wandered all the way across the store with my shirt tucked all the way behind my firearm...i dont recall even an unusual look...

from a price point this holster is quite a bargain...it works for its intended purpose, is unobtrusive and fits well...

Reactions: Deptydog90

·
Registered
54,946 Posts
It's just a variation on the belt slide themed holsters. They are utilitarian in nature. I'd not buy any holster with a mag holder in that position as I carry 3 O clock and a rapid mag change would be problematic.

Bought my first belt slide for a sig 228 while at HK in Sterling, Va. during a lunch break from SWAT training where I stopped into a local gun shop. Wore it a few times and discarded it into the holster drawer.

·
Registered
8,562 Posts
I always wear OWB holsters they are so much more comfortable than IWB
I think that depends on the holster.

I usually carry IWB with Brommeland Max-Con V holsters, and they’re as comfortable to wear all day, sit, drive, etc. as my Panther OWBs.

I have the Brommeland Gunleather ones in all three 1911 sizes, and two M&P sizes, which lets me carry a wide variety of pistols in them.

7EACD13F-984C-4C4C-A638-515AB60B1CE0.jpeg
CDEE8403-E1A8-43C0-943C-670C71A16E27.jpeg
7DD79CB0-FF48-4AED-8899-462FDDEB3DD4.jpeg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update...

I've worn this holster for the past 3 days. I went on my Wally Walk and everything. It is very comfortable to wear walking around. Even with the full size 1911, i hardly noticed it. The magazine did have a tendency to dig into my side when I was seated, especially when driving. Printing wasn't a problem, even with a loose t-shirt.

Overall, I'd give it an 8/10 for comfort and fit to the weapon.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Update...

I've worn this holster for the past 3 days. I went on my Wally Walk and everything. It is very comfortable to wear walking around. Even with the full size 1911, i hardly noticed it. The magazine did have a tendency to dig into my side when I was seated, especially when driving. Printing wasn't a problem, even with a loose t-shirt.

Overall, I'd give it an 8/10 for comfort and fit to the weapon.
That's a fairly good report and happy for you . Do to the inherent design of the mag pouch , that may occur . This is possibly made for vertical only and not sitting .. Maybe you can find another style , more towards the horizontal .. (y)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts