Florida Concealed Carry banner

Unluck of the draw..

3K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  Hockeynut52 
#1 · (Edited)

#2 ·
I experienced this same thing when I started carrying and the only remedy I've found is to tighten the belt as tight and as comfortable as possible. Also by holstering and re-holstering in that Galco holster will make the inside a little smoother. this will make the gun come out a little easier.

#3 ·
I read somewhere to holster your gun while it is in a plastic baggy. Let it sit for a while. I tried this with my Galco shoulder holster over night. It seemed to loosen up the tension just a bit. Hope this helps you.

JBuck

#4 ·
Try a little mink oil, it can be found in any shoe department. Wipe down the inside of the holster, let sit about 15 minutes and wipe out with a clean cloth.
This will soften the leather, without losing tension. and as above mentioned holster and reholster to break the holster in.

#5 ·
I agree with other posters who mentioned loosening the grip of the holster if it is too tight. Basically, if when you're not wearing the rig, you want the holster tight enough to retain the gun when turned upside down and maybe shaken lightly, but not so tight that it gives you a wedgie when you draw.

What type of belt are you using? If your belt isn't thick enough, it may be a contributing factor to your problem.

-JT

#6 ·
What width belt are you wearing? If you are wearing a regular 1 inch dress belt, you may not have enough support to support a holster and a gun. Get a good stiff, wide, and maybe thick belt and you'll be set.

#9 ·
Unluck of the draw

I have a similiar problem. In order to keep my pants from sliding down, I have to tighten my belt sometines to the point of discomfort, even when not carrying in pocket or waistband.
Many years ago I bought dress pants that had a strip of thin rubber inside the waistband. The purpose was to keep your shirt from sliding up out of your pants. It was about 1" wide and had bumps and felt stickey.
Perhaps a taylor or craft shop might have something that would work. Hmmmm, I'll have to start looking.
Thanks for reminding me. :thumsup

#10 ·
The answer is pretty simple. You need eat more pasta and drink more beer .:drinks

Aside from all the good suggestions posted already, have you tried a different holster?

#12 ·
Have you tried just carrying it "Mexican style"?

That way when you draw it, the only thing that should be coming up is your gun, and not your britches. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.