Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My name is Zach and I've been a member on here for a while but never really frequented the site. However, after ending up here several times looking for answers to carry questions, I decided to start participating.

I'm a civil engineering senior at University of Florida (Go Gators) and also a founding officer of Students for Concealed Carry at UF. The group has existed on and off a couple times in years past, but this year is the first time we have achieved registered student organization status. We are getting organized and getting people motivated.

I am also a writer for the national Students for Concealed Carry organization. Whenever I get the call from our Media Director, I put together an article and pitch it to newspapers across the country. My biggest success to date has been Colleges should not be 'defense-free' zones in the Richmond Times-Gazette. I also had a recent article in the Independent Florida Alligator about the Oregon decision.

As I see opportunities, I will contribute more to discussions, but for right now I appreciate the valuable resource this forum collectively provides and I will spread the word about you guys where I can.

-Zach

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Zach,

Welcome from Melbourne. Keep up the fight!

Jim

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Zach: Welcome aboard

·
Registered
607 Posts
Welcome from Jacksonville. Thank you for your efforts! :thumsup

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
We got your back! Welcome

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Zach, welcome from a UF journalism school grad. Unfortunately, many media stories about gun owners, gun owners' rights and concealed carry range from inaccurate to flagrantly biased. However, as we've seen in this forum, sometimes reporters are objective and balanced. Your work is vital in helping that process in Florida. Thanks for your dedication and hard work for gun owners' rights and the concealed carry cause.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts