Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay first one.

Have I been hiding under a rock or are firearms that hard to get right now? Just did a search for a newer 45acp. I couldn't find any Glock or S&W in stock.

Second has anyone used one of these? Thinking about picking one up.

Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Plenty of guns available at Shoot Straight. But, they're way overpriced.

·
Super Moderator
30,402 Posts
Bought a new .45 ACP earlier this year off of a Gun Broker listing but haven't been shopping for anything in the last few months. However, at last check my LGS, Gunshine Arms in Boca Raton seemed to have more and more firearms in stock at reasonable, albeit not bargain prices! :unsure:

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Registered
7,596 Posts
They are coming back slowly, at the beginning of the year it was near impossible to find anything in stock.

I have never used one of those contraptions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
30,402 Posts
To answer your second question, no I haven't. 🤠

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Inventory is better now that at any time in the last 12 - 18 months. Prices are much higher than they used to be, but perhaps starting to drop.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Guns are starting to flow again, though many popular brands/calibers are backordered.

Ammo is still in short supply, but slowly getting better.

For your second question, No, I have not used one of those.

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
Bought a new .45 ACP earlier this year off of a Gun Broker listing but haven't been shopping for anything in the last few months. However, at last check my LGS, Gunshine Arms in Boca Raton seemed to have more and more firearms in stock at reasonable, albeit not bargain prices! :unsure:
Same here.
Mike had a lot more handguns in stock when I was there last week buying my Shield 9+ than the previous time I stopped by ‘Ol Time Gun Shop.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
I have an MCK for a G19 and have put about 1000 rounds through it. I’ve had zero issues and it can be very accurate and concealable. It fits just fine folded in a plastic Publix bag and no one would the wiser.

·
Registered
55,588 Posts
I have an MCK for a G19 and have put about 1000 rounds through it. I’ve had zero issues and it can be very accurate and concealable. It fits just fine folded in a plastic Publix bag and no one would the wiser.

Nice set up, I'd own one if I didn't shoot shoulder fired from the left shoulder

·
Registered
8,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Cool thanks. Looked like a good idea, but didn't want to dump 300 bucks into a gimmick (y)

·
Registered
5,185 Posts
Last time i was at Center Mass in okeechobee, they had lots of these type for about $200.00 i think. BIG store, lots of stuff and a shooting range. Call them and ask. Not too many deals these days on firearms and related items. Sellers market for the most part

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Not too many deals these days on firearms and related items. Sellers market for the most part
I think that's going to be changing.... soon. The last several times I've been to Shoot Straight, there have been literally ZERO customers buying guns or even talking to sales associates. The SAs are standing around looking bored. And, I do mean ZERO customers at the gun displays.... even on the weekend. The pendulum of demand has swung. It's just a matter of time for supply to overflow and prices to plummet. It happens EVERY time, because the laws of economics are immutable.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Okay first one.

Have I been hiding under a rock or are firearms that hard to get right now? Just did a search for a newer 45acp. I couldn't find any Glock or S&W in stock.
GT Distributors in Orange Park had several Glock .45 ACP guns, including used and new. If you are an honorably discharged US Vet a Blue Label Price gun may be available. Bring DD 214.
Geoff
Who has seen the MCK in the flesh, but I am still leery of regulations.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Folks,
I checked out the mckproducts.com and they have models for the SD9 / 40, SWaMPy 2.0 and Shield.
Now if a young and less than financially flushed wanted defense for self and home, an SD9, a good holster, an MCK with Holosun Red Dot could come in under $700, the MCK at $210 plus ship, the SD9 locally about $330, given the best local price for 9mm is around $15 a box, this could be cost effective.
Geoff
Who asks for opinions, OK I have a masochistic streak, I married a Sicilian.

·
Registered
8,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Folks,
I checked out the mckproducts.com and they have models for the SD9 / 40, SWaMPy 2.0 and Shield.
Now if a young and less than financially flushed wanted defense for self and home, an SD9, a good holster, an MCK with Holosun Red Dot could come in under $700, the MCK at $210 plus ship, the SD9 locally about $330, given the best local price for 9mm is around $15 a box, this could be cost effective.
Geoff
Who asks for opinions, OK I have a masochistic streak, I married a Sicilian.
I have a S&W M&P9 Pro Core that I am thinking about putting this in one. Or picking up a Glock in 45acp to make a poor mans Thompson.

·
Registered
8,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well they won't fit my M&P Pro Core because of the co witness sights. So I ordered a folder kit for my 9mm SBR so it will fit in a backpack and will just put the paperwork in to transport it on my trip.

I can't justify basically building another complete firearm group for one I already have built and its suppressed as well.

Thanks all

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Well they won't fit my M&P Pro Core because of the co witness sights. So I ordered a folder kit for my 9mm SBR so it will fit in a backpack and will just put the paperwork in to transport it on my trip.

I can't justify basically building another complete firearm group for one I already have built and its suppressed as well.

Thanks all
According to one interview, the Mod 2 and Mod 3 accommodate co-witness sights.
I suggest you check with the company.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts