1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Bob, might be a good chance for you to write an article and offer these idiots free training. You know they wouldn’t take you up but it would be good PR.

·
Registered
13,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bob, might be a good chance for you to write an article and offer these idiots free training. You know they wouldn’t take you up but it would be good PR.
It is more entertaining to see them not trained.

·
Registered
20,299 Posts
as long as these guys and the nfac keep taking out their own, it's a good day for the rest of us...

·
Super Moderator
26,570 Posts
Legal for the protesters to block an Interstate Highway? I think not. IMHO, but admittedly based on little information, the driver of the Jeep likely did nothing wrong and was just trying to extricate himself from immanent danger. Idiot protester that fired a weapon at the Jeep needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law! Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. SCROOM!

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Legal for the protesters to block an Interstate Highway? I think not.
Okay. So here is a question that just occurred to me, relative to the other thread that is discussing what is -- or is not -- legal for federal agents to do.

Now, we all know that federal agents can, and should, protect federal facilities from rioters. Would that include the interstate highway? I'm not sure of the legal status of a road, but it seems to me like the interstate highway is federal. So, maybe it would be legal for Trump to send in the agents to break it up if they are blocking the interstate highway. Inquiring minds want to know.

And, just as a side note, I think one of the funniest things I've ever seen is the interstate highway signs in Hawaii!

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
My gut tells me the following: interstate highways were built with generous grants from the federal government. They are owned I believe by the states and are built by the states. State departments of transportation and the MUTCD manual (Manual on uniform traffic control devices) which is federal guidance on on design/repairs etc. apply.

Therefore I think the jurisdiction would lie with the individual states.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts